Network Technical Specialist
About the role:
We are looking to appoint a Network Technical Specialist to provide a level of technical knowledge to undertake the troubleshooting and resolution to production incidents or problems independently. Complete tasks to agreed levels of quality, within stated timescales with no supervision. Look for improvement opportunities within the team and its processes/procedures.
You will be an effective team member who provides support and guidance to peers and junior team members. Contribute to team efficiency through the creation of accurate technical documentation.
Essential skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of systems management procedures in a large commercial, mission-critical environment.
- Capacity planning, performance tuning, proactive monitoring of middleware solutions.
- Change control, release procedures and tools.
- ITIL based service management framework
- Strong computer literacy
- Experience of using the Microsoft Office products to create and manage documentation.
- Proactive approach
- Ability to work individually and within a team
- Desire to developing and improving process
- Willingness and aptitude for learn new systems and furthering knowledge
- Cisco Network - Switching and Routing (to CCNA level) - trouble shooting, configuration, and support
- Cisco Network - WAP configuration and support
- Cisco Tooling - Prime, Identity Services Engine (ISE)
- F5 Big-IP - support and configuration
- Checkpoint Firewall - support and configuration
- PIX Firewall - support and configuration
- Solarwinds - support and configuration
- Cisco SAN Network - MDS9000 switches and DCM
- Basic legacy telephony support - CS1000, Verint, IVR, etc.
About the Company:
Our people are our most valuable asset and we are committed to attracting and retaining the very best people who reflect our values. We recognise the importance of helping you to balance your working life with other priorities, so if you wish to consider this vacancy and your circumstances require different hours to those advertised, or if you are considering a job share arrangement, then let us look at the flexibility you require and see if we can accommodate your needs, whilst ensuring we continue to meet our members' needs.
IT is changing; we are currently undertaking an exciting transformation project that will shape the future of the organisation. As we progress on our journey, we are seeking talented individuals who are passionate about delivering an outstanding experience for both members and colleagues in an environment where you will have the opportunity to be part of the future success of the organisation and work in an environment where personal and professional development is taken seriously.
Advertised Salary: Up to £41,000 - per annum - dependent on experience
Hours: 35 - (9-5 or 8-4 Mon to Friday)
Contract: Perm/Hybrid ( at least one day a week in the Coventry office)