Role Title: Operational Strategy & Support Manager
Role location: Remote for the foreseeable, then ideally Fareham occasionally
Rate: £21 - £25 per hour, 37 hours a week, Inside IR35
Duration: at least 9 Months, then likely to extend
Deadline: Thursday 10th December at 4pm
Field Operations are responsible for recruitment, training, support & management of the staff working within the field. This activity includes field operation planning which will include field-based testing (technical & procedural), Regional Mangers, Engagement Managers in the field. You will be part of a dynamic and multi-functional team delivering the HQ support function & will be managed by an HQ Operational Delivery Manager.
As the HQ Operational Support Assistant Manager you will be responsible for supporting field activity through management of the headquarters function. You will be part of a team that will provide administration and support to the specialist teams within CFO including providing support for the governance across all Census teams.
This role is responsible for supporting a number of key aspects. There is an expectation that you will provide regular reports on strategy, activity, risks, operational readiness & cost/budget activity.
The Field Operations HQ team work across many teams to provide support and expertise that is building a portfolio of vital functions to support the field activity. It is an exciting opportunity, calling for an individual with flair, initiative, problem solving skills, and who is an excellent organiser and communicator.
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the development of the cross-team plan for extending the field activity, developing timelines & activities to manage the parallel running of different field teams.
- Support the development of the decommissioning plan, including the amended dates for some field teams.
- Support the development of processes (cross-team and RMT), supporting communications, mobilisation, surge deployment & governance as required to allow the HQ team to provide adequate managerial cover throughout the live periods.
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders to develop processes and procedures across the team;
- Support the analysis, review & presentation of statistical & budget information relevant to the operation;
- Oversee or develop appropriate documentation, plans & communication strategy to support the team during live operations;
- Support the strategy & processes that allow flexible field-based teams to be moved to different geographical locations to support business need;
- Support or Oversee administrative/support requirements such as booking of venues, supporting delivery of staff inductions, minute taking, rotas & communication.
Skills and Experience
- Ability to understand and analyse issues arising during the operational period and formulate solutions to deal with them;
- Proven communication skills, with a customer centric approach;
- Experience in management of a highly pressured operational period in terms of decision making, reporting and structured meetings;
- An understanding of the importance for detail and good prioritisation skills to balance key priorities;
- Skill at managing stakeholder groups and balancing diplomacy and tact with assertiveness.
- Attention to detail, particularly in written documents
- Excellent administrative & communication skills;
- Experience of risk management within complex operational phases and planning of detailed contingency plans to respond to risk scenarios;
- Experience of planning complex process implementation phases involving multiple activities;