Change and Release Manager
We are currently looking for an Operations Manager/Change and Release Manager to join our client based in the West Midlands. This is an inital 12 month contract.
The overall aim of the programme is to modernise and scale-up the systems of this organisation, removing legacy constraints and providing solution architectures that will support usage increase of the service.
The Operations Manager has accountability for the effective transition of the Technology services and associated deliverables to the Production environment and ongoing management of the services in particular change management, release management and performance management.
Demonstrable experience of establishing and implementing a digital service operational management processes in an Agile environment to support substantial business transformation is necessary.
The Operations Manager will be expected to possess the capability to manage the multiple service transformation into steady / BAU state and have the following, including (but not limited to):
- Knowledge of customer support consolidation, customer experience / relationship management, IT Service Management tooling & automation (knowledge-base, self-service), expansion to and implementation of omni-channel marketing tools
- Proven track record in managing change in operational environment
- Proven track record in establish Continuous delivery and release management practices
- Proven track record in establishing and continually improving service operating model
- Experience in defining and implement service billing and cross charging models
- Strong stakeholder communication and management to ensure a seamless delivery into Production
- Experience of managing various inter-dependencies of business demand across the multiple Stakeholders
- Experience in engaging with Business Transition Managers to gain the Operation Acceptance from the Business
- Engagement with Security to conduct and achieve a positive status for an IT Healthcheck and gaining the Approval To Operate
- Experience of building and supporting a culture of continuous delivery and improvement, ensuring key systems are regularly analysed, maintained and improved
- Working with the Change Management team to communicate releases and benefits to key Stakeholders
- Reviewing current change management process and aligning with agile principles
- Implementing Governance across the Transition, including entrance and exit criteria i.e. ensure transition artefacts, knowledge and information is adequately stored and appropriately shared
- Establishing a process to ensure Operational impact is understood and mitigated if appropriate
- Knowledge of the following technologies - Microsoft Azure Cloud, Microservices, MDM, API
The professional services will be primarily based in Coventry with some travel expected to different UK sites