Oracle Database Engineer
*** Active SC-Level Clearance needed to apply ***
- Fully Remote or Newport
- Duration: 6 months Contract
- Inside IR35 - rates between 500/600 per day, however open to negotiation
- Deadline 01/10/21 12 Noon
- Central Government
We are looking for a lead Infrastructure Engineer to join the Database and Middleware Support team. This team supports a range of database and middleware products that are fundamental building blocks of the Database Operations provided by Technology Operations. You will be experienced in Database Administration with expert level knowledge of Oracle database admin as well as expert knowledge of the Exadata platform and its administration. If possible, knowledge in one of these other technologies would be ideal MS SQL, Cloudera or Actian Ingres.
- Lead database technologies including backup and High availability. Namely, Oracle RDBMS, Microsoft SQL server, Cloudera, Postgres, Actian Ingres etc.
- Build, operate, support, performance monitor, continually improve and decommission infrastructure
- services products and platforms to serve a variety of user needs.
- Lead engineers in carrying out upgrades and patching to existing database and middleware
- technologies. Including Oracle Exadata (X6 onwards)
- Manage and maintain system access and security.
- Monitor existing technologies and identify issues before they occur.
- Drive continuous improvement activities.
- Coach and develop the team knowledge to improve team capability and enable progression.
Relevant Skills and Experience:
- Oracle Database Admin (including RAC, RMAN and versions 12c onwards) Essential
- Oracle Exadata Administration Essential
- Knowledge of Cloudera, MS SQL or Ingres Desirable
- Oracle Weblogic Administration (v10.3.6 onwards) Desirable