Org Design and Implementation consultant
- Fully Remote Working anywhere in the UK
- 6 month contract - Inside IR35 - contractor daily rates apply and can be negotiated
- Central Government experience hugely beneficial
- Active or eligible for SC Clearance
We are looking for experienced organisational design experts to join our team to partner with the Heads of Functions and broader project team to drive this work forward.
This role will lead on the detailed design and implementation planning of the next stages of the Review Enabling Functions workstream.
- Substantial experience of leading organisation design within large and complex organisations, with a focus on creating improved delivery models.
- Outstanding stakeholder management skills, working with multiple agendas and influencing outcomes at the most senior levels.
- Exceptional communication ability both verbally and in writing, synthesising and presenting complex information in an impactful way.
- A high level of numeracy, comfortable working with data to produce insight and support decision making.
- Able to encompass big picture and strategic thinking together with the necessary detail to ensure outcomes are robust, defensible and able to be implemented.
- A strong understanding of organisational development and culture and how these are essential to successful design and implementation.
- Project leadership experience, able to work at pace and balance various priorities effectively.
- Experience in a civil service organisation or comparable public sector context (desirable).
Specifically the OD consultant will:
- Facilitate the agreement of design principles to support the design work across HR, Comms, Project Delivery, Finance and DDaT.
- Provide direct support for each of the above Heads of Function to develop and deliver a co-creative piece of work designing the optimal hub and spoke model for each function.
- Work across the functional projects to encourage as much commonality of approach as possible throughout the enabling function designs, whilst designing in difference where this will drive better business outcomes.
- Ensure that the design process is collaborative and encompasses a range of relevant views including those of affected colleagues and customers.
- Oversee, with senior leaders and sponsors, the comms and engagement approach across the project including alignment with wider BASE review workstreams wherever appropriate.
- Once functional designs are agreed, lead implementation planning including risk/change readiness assessment, people impacts, timing, comms and supporting the relevant leads on TUS engagement.
- Line management of one OD Partner (G7 or SEO) and one Project Manager (TBC), with some task management of other project team contributors.
- Ensure the project leadership group are informed of risks and issues in a thorough and timely way, presenting recommendations and solutions for managing these.
- Support project leaders and the project manager with the presentation of progress, risks, issues, decisions and outcomes to the BASE Steering Group.
- Providing design leadership and support to the Data Capability BASE workstream as required.
- Providing design leadership and support to the Business Support/Operational Delivery BASE workstream as required.
If this sounds like a good opportunity for you, please apply!