PA to Executive Director
1 Month (ish) - Cover Sickness within existing team
£122 per day. Inside IR35
Remote working (UK based).
37 hours per week. Monday to Friday.
Purpose of the job
The overall requirement of the post is to provide administrative support primarily to Met Office Executive Directors. Much of the work will be required to meet tight deadlines; it will involve careful planning, managing competing priorities and require utmost discretion. In particular you will liaise with colleagues of all levels, both internally and externally, including key customers, stakeholders and our Owner to organise the Executive's day-to-day duties and ensure their time is used to maximum effect. The EAs of the Executive work as a team, providing support and cover for each other as necessary.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Developing and managing relationships with Directors to understand their motivations, needs and priorities.
- Managing the Directors' diaries to ensure that their time is focused and prioritised.
- Liaising with others to ensure the Directors have the appropriate briefing and documentation for meetings, visits and events.
- Organising and co-ordinating travel and accommodation, ensuring it adheres to relevant policies.
- Handling communication and correspondence on your Directors behalf when appropriate
- Managing the flow of emails in a Director's inbox to ensure they can focus on the highest priorities.
- Undertaking specific individual tasks and projects as dictated by your Director which will be in addition to the generic role.
- Providing support to other members of the Executive when their EAs are absent or have a high workload
- First point of contact for some key customers and stakeholders, both internal and external.
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
- To manage a Directors busy diary, liaising with senior colleagues as well as key customers and stakeholders, both nationally and internationally, to prioritise competing demands and optimise use of her time.
- Collaborate with colleagues from across the Met Office to collate documentation and briefings and ensure the Executive are fully prepared for meetings and engagements.
- Organise the Chief Executive's UK and international business travel, in accordance with Met Office travel policy, to make the best possible use of her time.
- Assist with the organisation of high-level meetings to ensure these happen in a successful and effective way.
- Work closely together with the other Executive PAs to ensure continuity of cover for all Executive Directors.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
- Significant previous experience as a PA, or in a similar role, working with senior executives and stakeholders.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Proven ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Outlook and Word.