SC Cleared Payroll Officer - Central Government
Newport - working from home for the foreseeable
£11 - £13 per hour - 37 hours a week, Inside IR35
*MUST HAVE ACTIVE SC CLEARANCE OR BE ELIGBLE*
We are recruiting for a Payroll Officer who will be responsible for making accurate changes to our payroll and dealing with payroll related queries from staff and other agencies.
- An ability to provide staff with expert, accurate and professional advice on payroll related matters.
- Building and maintaining productive relationships with contacts, including senior staff.
- Ensuring correct and accurate pay details are entered on our Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and the payroll, meeting the monthly payroll closure timetable.
- Reviewing information for quality; identifying and resolving data discrepancies.
- Ensuring the correct treatment of transactions within the payroll.
- The ability to work as part of a team with mutual goals.
- Scrutinising information received, providing effective challenge when appropriate.
- Monitoring information received in relation to internal rules and limits; identifying when limits are at risk of breach.
- Producing clear and robust explanations to pay queries.
- Working flexibly across the team and adapting direction quickly in order to meet changing priorities and demands.
Job specific criteria (skills and experience)
- ESSENTIAL - Good knowledge of payroll principles and the ability to apply this in day-to-day role.
- ESSENTIAL - Good communication and relationship building skills; comfortable dealing with senior staff.
- ESSENTIAL - An ability to understand and solve problems with some support from others.
- DESIRABLE - Payroll qualification equivalent to NVQ level 3