£500 per day. Outside IR35
Remote for foreseeable. When the risk of COVID infection is reduced, we envision that many of the team and community activities will take place at our Edinburgh or Glasgow offices, for at least part of each week
An experienced Pega System Architect with solid commercial experience with Pega 7/8 are required to accelerate Registers of Scotland's journey to product agnostic workflows. The main focus of the work will be the collaborative development of registration processes in RoS' CMS that is registration product agnostic, flexible to adapt to changing business processes and fit for purpose for the future. However, the development team also owns the existing CMS processes and support for those will also be required.
- Discovery for bringing additional products on to the existing Pega Application
- Development and delivery of a Support Portal (eg Rule Delegation)
- Analytics for Pega application
- Simplify and Improve user experience
- Improving resilience of the Pega application
- Actively contributing towards continuous improvements of team's processes and standards
- Continued development and support of Land Registration product in line with the product and architecture roadmaps.
- Demonstrate excellent, sustainable and collaborative development practice that's focused on delivering highly readable, maintainable and appropriate artefacts.
- Actively participate in all team events, leading where specialist knowledge is required and supporting the team to improve their process through inspection and adaptation.
- Troubleshooting and fixing development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Engage with the wider RoS communities of practice and interest to share knowledge, technique and experience
- Coach and mentor other members of staff and advise on team and organisational training requirements
- Ensures that developed products comply with non-functional software requirements such as accessibility, security, UI/UX, performance, maintainability and deployability
- Routinely use collaborative development practices such as pairing and mobbing techniques in programming, code reviews, system design and requirements analysis, etc
- Significant commercial experience with Pega 7/8 (preferably 8.4)
- Enthusiastic about making excellent quality products with other people.
- Pragmatic approach (e.g. realising that Pega is not the solution to every problem) with an ability to pick up new concepts and technology rapidly.
- Ability to work with business stakeholders, to understand the context, and to focus on delivering value.
- Excellent collaboration, communication and teamwork skills
- Experience working in the Agile delivery models - such as Scrum and/or Kanban frameworks.
- PCSA (Pega Certified System Architect)
- Knowledge of modern software development practices, such as CI/CD, pair programming
- Experience deploying Pega solutions via CI pipelines
- Experience of automated testing with Cypress
- Experience of business analysis and engaging with business users and stakeholders
- Experience with version control systems, e.g. GitLab
- Human-centred, research-driven, inclusive design practices
- Testing tools and frameworks
- Monitoring, telemetry, intelligence tools and processes