£500 per day. Outside IR35
Remote for foreseeable/Duration. When the risk of COVID infection is eliminated or much reduced, we envision that many of the team and community activities will take place at our Edinburgh or Glasgow offices, for at least part of each week.
Two experienced Pega System Architects with solid commercial experience with Pega 8 are required to accelerate our journey to product agnostic workflows. The main focus of the work will be the collaborative development of an accelerated registration process in our CMS that is registration product agnostic, flexible to adapt to changing business processes and fit for purpose for the future. However, the development team also owns the existing CMS processes and support for those will also be required.
We have made significant strides re-organising its IT software delivery capability to align to the key domains within the business. The organisations ambition is to have enduring development teams aligned to the business domains ensuring that ownership of software products is clear. The Land Registration Domain is responsible for the two biggest (by volume of transactions) registers within - Land Register and Sasine Register. Both of these registers are underpinned by aging legacy systems that are 20-30 years old. Currently there are two development teams within the Land Registration domain, working to replace the core Land Registration Systems and implement a new Case Management system for the Land Registration processes.
- Continued development and support of Land Registration product in line with the product and architecture roadmaps.
- Demonstrate excellent, sustainable and collaborative development practice that's focused on delivering highly readable, maintainable and appropriate artefacts.
- Actively participate in all team events, leading where specialist knowledge is required and supporting the team to improve their process through inspection and adaptation.
- Troubleshooting and fixing development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Engage with the wider RoS communities of practice and interest to share knowledge, technique and experience
- Coach and mentor other members of staff and advise on team and organisational training requirements
- Ensures that developed products comply with non-functional software requirements such as accessibility, security, UI/UX, performance, maintainability and deployability,
- Routinely use collaborative development practices such as pairing and mobbing techniques in programming, code reviews, system design and requirements analysis, etc
- Some of these services may need to be provided outside of RoS' core business hours (07:30-17:30) in order to ensure continuity of service. The successful supplier is expected plan and manage their working hours accordingly.
- Significant commercial experience with Pega 8 (preferably 8.4)
- Experience deploying Pega solutions via CI pipelines
- Enthusiastic about making excellent quality products with other people.
- Pragmatic approach (e.g. realising that Pega is not the solution to every problem) with an ability to pick up new concepts and technology rapidly.
- Ability to work with business stakeholders, to understand the context, and to focus on delivering value.Excellent collaboration, communication and teamwork skills
- Experience working in the Agile delivery models - such as Scrum and/or Kanban frameworks
- Knowledge of modern software development practices, such as TDD, CI/CD, pair programming
- Experience of automated testing with Cypress
- Experience of business analysis and engaging with business users and stakeholders
- Experience with version control systems, e.g. GitLab
- Human-centred, research-driven, inclusive design practices
- Testing tools and frameworks
- Monitoring, telemetry, intelligence tools and processes