Pega Technical Lead
£500 per day. Ouside IR35.
Remote (Anywhere inside the UK)
6 month duration
An experienced Pega Certified Senior System Architect (PCSSA) or Pega Certified Lead System Architect (PCLSA) with solid commercial experience with Pega 8 is required to provide hands-on technical leadership to an agile development team within the organisations' Land Registration domain, and to act as a conduit between the development team and the Architecture Steering Group, helping to define and refine best practices, standards, and architectural principles.
The focus of the work will be the collaborative development of an accelerated registration process. CMS that is registration product agnostic, flexible to adapt to changing business processes and fit for purpose for the future. However, the development team also owns the existing CMS processes and support for those will also be required.
Main outcomes & objectives
Lead the development and support of the technical solutions that: o Provide advanced search and workload reporting. o Delegate the QA configuration to a self-service portal. o Simplify the Security model.
Investigate the possibility of migrating old cases into the accelerated registration process.
Produce a plan for the next platform upgrade
* Lead the continued development and support of Land Registration products in line with the product and architecture roadmaps
* Collaborating with colleagues from Product Management and Service Design to prioritise the backlog by providing insight into the architectural roadmap and the technical benefits that changes will achieve
* Technically lead the development team in both their tactical and strategic work to ensure the team delivers a cohesive solution that is well-architected and designed in line with the organisations engineering principles and best practices.
* Engage with the wider communities of practice and interest to share knowledge, technique, and experience
* Actively participating in all team events, leading where specialist knowledge in required, and supporting the team to improve their process through inspection and adaptation.
* Building and maintaining an agile culture of continuous delivery and improvement, with a focus on frequently releasing high quality, tested, working software.
* Creating and maintaining an appropriate level of documentation, including the design principles for Pega that can be effectively used to communicate to the team and wider stakeholders the technical vision of the products.
* Championing ideas/changes/designs that you and/or the team believe are beneficial, influencing peers and key stakeholders as appropriate.
* Troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms, from the AWS-based modern stack to the multiple strands of ETL and database (legacy and otherwise) that underpins the service
* Onboarding, coaching, and mentoring other team members and performing code reviews to ensure that the principles are met or justified.
* Troubleshooting and fixing development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
* Ensures that developed products comply with non-functional software
requirements such as accessibility, security, performance, quality, maintainability, reusability, and industry best practices
* Routinely use collaborative development practices such as pairing and mobbing techniques in programming, code reviews, system design and requirements analysis, etc.
Essential skills & experience
- Commercial experience with Pega 8
- Commercial experience in the following areas:
- Technically leading a high performing, Pega development team.
- Delivering high quality software collaboratively in high performing, Pega development teams.
- Designing, gaining consensus, and implementing technical solutions for software development projects
- Ability to work with business stakeholders, to understand the context, and to focus on delivering value.
- Introduction of new or improved processes in development environments
- Incrementally replacing enterprise legacy systems
- Experience working in the Agile delivery models - such as Scrum and/or Kanban frameworks.
- Excellent collaboration, communication, and teamwork skills
- Enthusiastic about making excellent quality products with other people.
- Be an advocate for the team, when you see a process that could be improved with a BPM solution.
Desirable skills & experience
Commercial experience with:
- Java or other object-oriented programming language.
- Automation testing with Cypress
- Modern DevOps and CI/CD practices including deployment pipelines, such as Jenkins, GitLab and Groovy