People Data Analyst
6 Months (likely extension)
£160-180 per day. Inside IR35
Remote (UK based)
The People Data Analyst will provide an integrated view between business needs and the data available, acting as the conduit between business challenges and the opportunities data analytics may provide. Specifically, lead a team of three colleagues to scope and deliver a range of data, dashboards and MI reports to help inform and shape business decisions.
Work closely with the HROD Managers and Leads to support data and MI related tactical and strategic work to deliver solutions that work for customers and the organisation. Implement a meaningful cadence of people data reporting for a range of stakeholders including the Board and the Executive Management team. Engage with a range of colleagues and work with established governance forums to provide updates, insight, challenge and expertise. This will include the Strategic Workforce Planning Group and the Corporate Plan Project.
Support the team to provide accurate and timely data for a range of internal and external requirements, including monthly and annual cabinet office reporting. Support the design of the strategy to enable team leaders to leverage MI available to them via the manager self-service functionality on the HR system.
In addition, where possible identify new business processes and customer opportunities Assist in the identification, evaluation and tracking of business benefits including via the people dashboard and with a significant focus on project specific outcome evaluation. Collaborate with SMEs and colleagues from other parts of Registers of Scotland on joint deliverables.
- Excellent grasp of people metrics and people data analytics, translating information into robust accessible reports, capitalising on data and translating it into insights for the organisation
- Specific expertise in leading the development of HR data dashboards and report creation, demonstrating an ability to develop a suite of data collection processes, working closely with HR teams, as well as independently, to identify problems to be solved based on in-depth technical and business understanding
- Experience of HR business systems in transition, statistics approaches, models and data analytics applications
- Strength in synthesising complex information into clear and compelling visual stories
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop HROD colleagues with regards to management intelligence and data leveraging great communication and teamwork skills
- Experience of managing the relationship with HR systems suppliers and articulating business and system improvement opportunities
- Confident facilitating detailed collaborative workshops with customers and established cross-functional teams
- Experience mapping stakeholders, impact and value streams using a collaborative approach seeking advice and input from a range of colleagues and customers
- Data science background with the ability to build new tools and approaches for enhanced data collection
- Experience with prioritisation techniques such as cost of delay or similar
- Familiarity or working knowledge of digital standards in government
- Experience in using SQL, non-SQL, or Python to query and transform data
- Experience of developing artifacts such as - personas, customer journeys and service blueprints
- Formal management intelligence qualifications with BCS or similar body