Lead Performance Analyst
Start: 4th April 2022
End: 29th March 2024
Inside IR35. £432.66 per day.
Remote. UK based.
This is a specialist performance analyst role that will work closely with the marketing management team to champion the benefits of analytics within the Markets Directorate and across the wider Met Office. The successful candidate will embed the current descriptive approach to in-house analytics capability and develop the potential for being more predictive and prescriptive.
The initial focus will be on using analytics to provide evidence to help cross office teams to maximise the benefit and impact of the services provided for the Public Weather Service Customer Group (PWSCG) and its users.?In a changing world it is more important than ever to be able to pre-empt and shape requirements with the PWCSG to build propositions that increase reach.??
It will be important to use the PWSCG experience to help drive the wider adoption of analytics capability across the office.
The job purpose is to provide strategic direction for digital analytics at the Met Office, leading on internal and external stakeholder management and ensuring appropriate resource and budget to achieve agreed objectives.
To review, improve and embed effective performance measurement frameworks for PWS services, to help the business areas to ensure the Met Office can become the preferred source of weather and climate content.
Recommending the strategic direction for analytics at the Met Office to the head of Product Management and Marketing, including data implementation and data architecture, to support business/product/marketing strategies
Leading, coaching and mentoring the analytics team, to ensure successful delivery of strategies and business plans and champion market/product focus
Scoping the analytics work plan for the year and ensuring the appropriate resources and budget are secured to deliver it on time and in full.
Being an ambassador for analytics as an integral part of marketing across the Met Office and externally, proactively sharing knowledge and capability and promoting a data-driven culture to ensure delivery against plans.
Continually evaluating the external market to ensure identification and application of the most relevant tools and techniques for data analysis and data visualisation (including the use of business information tools):
- Identifying, collecting and migrating data to and from a range of systems
- Managing, cleaning, abstracting and aggregating data alongside a range of analytical studies on that data
- Manipulating and linking different data sets summarising and presenting data and conclusions in the most appropriate format for users
Leading on the analysis of the key PWS data sets, including the development and adaptation of performance measurement frameworks to drive remedial actions and successful delivery:
- Analysis of the performance of a service against the frameworks
- Adapting the approach and framework appropriately
- Communicating analysis and insight: You can present analysis and visualisations in clear ways to communicate complex messages.
- Performance measurement: You know how to oversee the development and consistency of performance measurement frameworks across multiple projects. You can ensure that these frameworks are aligned to business needs and strategy.
- Technical understanding: You can exploit opportunities through the recognition of new digital technologies to enhance analytical capability in alignment with business goals.
- Understanding analysis across the product life cycle: You know how to contribute to the assessment of other teams, providing guidance and support as they move through the stages of the product life cycle. You can lead and champion best practice and identify improvements to current approaches.
- Understanding constraints: You know how to influence, challenge and coach others. You can anticipate how constraints might change and know where to challenge or remove constraints
- Undertaking analysis and providing insight: You understand and can teach and supervise a wide range of analysis techniques. You can help organisations create and learn from strategic insights. You can apply innovative approaches to resolve problems
- User-centred analysis: You can bring insight and expertise to how user needs have changed over time and ensure these are met. You can consider the political strategy and implications of any analyses and insights
- Verification and validation of data and analysis: You know how to use appropriate approaches for verifying and validating data and analysis. You can influence senior stakeholders over data approaches. You know how to coach and mentor others.
- Working knowledge of the following systems: G-Cloud Platform, BigQuery, Domo, Data Studio, Power BI, Google Analytics 360 packages, Firebase, SEMrush, Google Tag Manager, social media platform analytics (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.) and click stream providers such as SimilarWeb.
- Coding skills: SQL, R, PYTHON