As a the Platform Engineering and infrastructure manager, you will be accountable for the provision and ongoing management of the Cloud Platforms, Cloud operations and Infrastructure services across all business units.
You will be part of a technology business unit which is responsible for architecture, design, development, programme and project delivery, data solutions, security, service and operations.
The unit was formed based on the success and rapid growth of the business. So, this role is a critical in helping define the cloud strategy and infrastructure for the future to ensure the use of the correct technologies to support the wider business strategy in terms of growth and prooduct.
A suitable applicant will have experience and understanding of:
- Windows Server and Linux OS
- Azure & AWS
- Storage - S3 Storage, NetApp, DNN
- Bash & PowerShell Scripts
- Azure DevOps, Jira & GitHub
- Document Search / Log Collection (e.g. ELK stack/ElasticSearch)
- Monitoring (e.g. Nagios, AppDynamics, New Relic)
- Configuration Management Tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- Automation Tools (e.g. VMware Orchestration, Terraform)
- Message queueing (e.g. ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, Redis)
- Container Deployment and management (e.g. Kubernetes)
This role has a large scope in terms of what you will be doing on a daily basis, working across various initiatives inclusive of strategy and technical scoping and team management:
- You will develop a Cloud platform and Infrastructure strategy aligned to the overall business and work with 3rd party suppliers
- Management of the engineering team inclusive of 1:1 performance reviews and coaching
- Be responsible for the budget of the team inclusive of forecasting the cost of technology changes whilst looking for cost saving opportunities
- Develop cloud and infrastructure architecture to support the business and product roadmap and increase efficiency or existing systems by implementing the newest technology
- Help support and develop CAUK's network strategy to include security, performance and integrity, VoIP, Wireless, LAN/WAN and MPLS infrastructure