£600 per day. Outside IR35
Remote for foreseeable/duration except where access to physical hardware is required, which will be onside in Edinburgh office.
An experienced Platform Architect is required to assist with setting an architectural vision and delivering improvements to the existing on-premise infrastructure whilst supporting the migration to a hybrid cloud model.
The Enablement teams provide platforms that Development teams use to develop products that support Operational colleagues in their registration work. The organisation's ambition is to have enduring teams aligned to Enablement platforms and Product Development domains ensuring ownership and the ability to safely maintain and improve the estate.
The Site Resilience domain is one of four platform domains established to enable us to deliver high quality and resilient digital products. The domain is responsible for our core on-premise IT platform and network. The team is multi-functional with a strong collaborative and agile culture.
- Deliver a Cisco to Arista Network refresh project, end to end designed and deployed using infrastructure as code.
- Develop and mature existing infrastructure orchestration systems for disaster recovery assurance. You will do this by fully automating, using IAC best practise principles, the recovery of a VMware, NSX, Netapp Metro architecture from one geographical location to another.
- Transition SDN from VMware NSX V to T with minimal busines disruption.
- Define Architecture & Productionise and migrate to a VMware stretched cluster
- Support automation updates and new VMSC adoptions
- Refresh LAN/WAN Corporate and Data Centre Networks
- Complete decommission of VxBlock platform and Datacentre consolidation
- Support wider initiatives for Cloud service adoption - DX connectivity, migration, and service improvement
- Supporting the Product Manager, collaborate with colleagues, including other domain architects, senior leadership, and product owners, to contribute towards the domain's strategic vision and roadmap.
- Technical leadership of the current and future design, development and support of RoS Network, UNIX and Infrastructure compute and storage platforms
- Support the Product Manager in risk management, ensuring ongoing health and integrity of all platforms
- Collaborate and support disaster recovery events, managing data protection and providing technical expertise
- Actively participating in all relevant steering and governance groups and communities of practice
- Some of these services may need to be provided outside of RoS' core business hours (07:30-17:30) in order to ensure continuity of service. The successful supplier is expected plan and manage their working hours accordingly.
- Software/product development (Python, Ansible)
- Automation and infrastructure-as-code (Ansible, Arista)
- Palo Alto next generation firewall design, administration
- Technically leading a high-performing, cross-functional team
- Platform architecture, including data centre infrastructure and management, security, network, UNIX.
- Disaster recovery and wider assurance capabilities.
- Risk management, focused on risk reduction and mitigation across assurance initiatives
- UCS Fabric Interconnects
- NetAPP AFF SANS
- NetApp MetroCluster environments
- OSPF, BGP Internet routing, traffic engineering
- VMware 6.X multi-site environments
- Database systems, including Postgres, Oracle, Informix and MongoDB
- Monitoring and alerting solutions and paradigms
- RPO / RTO / MBTF metrics and driving improvement through testing
- Nutanix virtualisation platform
- Working in Agile delivery models
- Using written, verbal, and visual communication to explain complex topics concisely to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Certified Across: Arista (ACE), CCNP/CCIE
- Working in a DevOps environment across multiple agile teams
- Developing and executing a strategy to transition an infrastructure estate from onpremises model to a hybrid cloud.
- Fibre Channel Fabrics - ideally Brocade switching
- NSX V Environments in linked mode
- Cisco networking, across layer 2 and layer 3 including LAN, MAN, WAN on Catalyst and Nexus platforms
- Checkpoint / Palo Alto Firewalls
- Next generation network service and cloud connectivity
- SAN management and design
- Anycast - DNSDIST, EXABGP, Go-between load balancers
- Minio object storage
- Grafana and time series databases
- Assurance functions to ensure DR / BCP design, testing procedures are well established and performant
- NSX V orchestration - controller life cycle mgt across DCs
- VMware API (Pyvmoni) NetAPP SDK, Oracle OVM
- Bash Certified across: AWS Solutions Architect, NetApp NCDA