Are you talented Platform Engineer with experience working on Azure or AWS cloud services? Are you passionate about transforming and shaping leading organisations? Do you enjoy providing solutions to complex business problems for opportunities requiring in depth knowledge of organisational objectives? Would you like to be part of the leadership team and a major contributor on large deals which will have a real impact on the company's success? In this exciting role, you will help our clients to migrate and support the big data platforms to Azure/AWS Cloud services and expand their cloud presence.
- As the Lead Platform Engineer you will create and deliver the strategic and tactical engineering roadmaps for cloud services (Azure/AWS), ensuring they are future proofed and that the clients derive maximum value from investment in technologies.
- Design, build and support distributed big data platforms that is optimized for performance
- Develop forward looking strategic roadmaps that establish clear technical direction between tech platform engagements and business objectives.
We offer you an environment where everyone's opinion matters, ideas are openly shared, where change is the norm and where you will work with some of the fastest moving, well recognised brands in the world.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Ansible - Administer Ansible infrastructure, perform maintenance and configuration and provide SME level support. Develop, configure, and administer DevOps and IT automation solutions.
- Terraform - Designs, develops, documents, tests, and debugs new and existing configuration management (Terraform) infrastructure as code.
- Experience with Jenkins, AZURE, Terraform and GIT as source control.
- Provide top level support to the dev/ops team and integrate with existing infrastructure.
- Extensive experience in shell scripting
- Strong experience in monitoring and performance tuning of queries and networking.
- Knowledge and experience on how the Admin activities work.
What experience are we looking for?
- Strong experience in Cloud Transformation Engagements
- Relevant experience from an IT or management consultancy
- Strong knowledge of information systems from a holistic perspective (key technologies and limitations, systems modelling and enterprise frameworks)
- Ability to interact with clients and stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skill - both oral and written
- A track record of developing creative solutions
- Highly developed critical thinking, interpretative and analytical skills
- Positive, determined, resilient, confident and resourceful in the face of challenges.
- Flexibility to travel across the UK and (occasionally) further.