Platform/DevOps Engineer (Linux)
I am recruiting exclusively for a Plaform/DevOps Engineer for a client in the West Midlands (with remote working).
These will be for 6 month contracts and sit outside of IR35.
£350-£450 a day
- The safe & secure release of code into the estate (working with development teams)
- Ensuring that the Linux infrastructure is healthy, secure, and up to date on all code versions.
- Providing intelligence and insight about the infrastructure into the development teams.
- Maintaining associated monitoring systems such as "New Relic" to ensure that intelligence about the platforms at all layers is available to all teams.
- Designing, developing, and managing automated security tooling for infrastructure at scale
- Establish and continuously enhance CI\CD pipeline tooling and practices for the benefit of process automation and expediency, including ceremonies such as sprints, retrospectives, reviews and backlog pruning
- Assist with the reduction of vulnerabilities in the build and deploy process
- Work with internal and external teams for the purpose of root-cause identification and fix implementation
- A primary point of contact for the security of our high-availability eCommerce environments by testing/tuning of security capabilities and including managing access, reporting, alerting and advocating for exemplary posture.
- Architectural design and implementation of networks and infrastructure used by our complex UAT, staging and production environments.
- Research, examination and implementation of new security services and open-source tools to complement our estates
- Maintain eCommerce specific technical documentation
- PHP 7.x
- Reddis Clusters
- Elastic Clusters
- Ansible / Puppet / Automation
- Content Delivery Networks
Core Infrastructure disciplines
- TCP/IP Knowledge
- Packet Tracing & Network Debugging
- Bind/DNS Management
- Iptables/UFW Management
- Routing & Switching Design
- Hypervisor / Virtual Platform
- Advanced Host level Diagnositics
Please apply with a copy of your CV for a swift response.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.