Power BI Administrator / Developer - Central Government Contract
Ideally current SC Clearance, would consider applications who are eligible
- remote working - optional site visits
- Daily Rates// Inside IR35: £600/£700 per day
- 6 months duration
Description of Requirement:
The Power BI Project Team has a requirement for a Power BI Administrator with very good experience of using and supporting Power BI across an organisation.
A depth of User knowledge to create and document support tasks such as handling orphaned or unused workspaces and datasets as well as monitoring, performing checks and providing user advice to ensure the tool is being used within organisational constraints. NB The role is not that of a User trainer.
The successful candidate will be heavily involved in the introduction of Power BI capability for the organisation, including the provision of an Enterprise Data Gateway and translating captured User requirements into technical change working with established Technical Architects.
The successful candidate will join the Agile Project delivery team and then transition into a newly formed DevSecOps team establishing best practice support of received Power BI requests/incidents and knowledge sharing across the team.
* Delivery of tools and best practice to administer, support and monitor an organisation beginning to take advantage of Power BI.
* Provisioning and support of an Enterprise Data Gateway.
* Working as part of an Agile team, helping colleagues to extend Power BI capability for users and helping to upskill support colleagues.
* Engaging directly with customers to resolve requests and Incidents and to advise on good practice.
* Supporting our production platform, including monitoring the help desk and resolution of incidents within agreed SLAs
Relevant Skills and Experience:
- A proven understanding of the Power BI Admin Portal and the effects of any changes to end users.
- Experience of creating and managing an Enterprise Data Gateway for use with Power BI.
- Experience of monitoring, governing, and supporting Power BI, including usage/development of support scripts/tools to prevent issues.
- Proven track record of delivering in Agile project teams, including effective collaboration with colleagues and customers, utilising a range of Agile methods and techniques
- Experience in working in an ITIL organisation to support Power BI Users