I have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Principal/Lead Data Scientist to join one of the world's most recognisable apps and help deliver on an ambitious vision for the future.
In this role, you will define how they build and push the boundaries of game analytics and AB test analysis for live games. In addition, you will manage a team of Data Scientists and collaborate with Data professionals across a Portfolio of games to share knowledge, challenge ideas and continuously look for ways to improve how we can leverage data to generate value for live games.
As a Principal Data Scientist, you will lead a team of Data Scientists embedded in a cross-functional team of product managers, game designers and developers and you will be responsible for the analytical side of the game.
Specifically, you will:
- Proactively develop new analyses, experiments and data-driven tools to harness business opportunities
- Manage work backlog and priorities for the Data Science team to best deliver against game product goals
- Translate business needs to technical and AB test requirements, then work with development teams to ensure correct implementation and event tracking
- Work closely with game designers and product team to scope and design tests to identify potential opportunities (e.g. player behaviour, game economy)
- Manage and mentor more junior Data Scientists in the team
- Carefully check and problem solve issues to ensure the correct operations of the game,
even when confronted by subtle data complications
- Provide a business analytical perspective to discussions and help to drive the priorities within your game
- Champion data literacy within the cross-functional game team, and work closely with other Data Scientists across the business to leverage insights from one game across multiple games
Skills to create thrills:
To be successful in this role, you will have a passion for quantitative analysis, understanding player behaviour and will have the ability to draw business insights which will add real value.
You will also need to demonstrate your ability to learn quickly and enjoy working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. This role will involve working with teams and individuals across the organisation - such as Game Developers, Producers and Game Artists, so broad communication skills are essential.
You need to be proficient in the following key skills:
- Product insight: You are capable of using data to gain deep understanding of game mechanics and impacts on player behaviour to solve business problems such as: feature implementation and optimisations, player economy optimisation, main KPI shift, tracking bugs, marketing impact.
- Data Storytelling: You understand how to communicate, visualise and report your findings in a clear and unambiguous way to people with diverse degrees of numerical proficiency.
- Technical skills: You can extract, manipulate and visualise the data and you have an understanding of applied statistics (probability, causality and time series).
- Intensive experience of SQL, cloud services and the Python/R analytical stack, so having prior experience in at least two of these domains is definitely a plus.
- Line Management: You have experience in managing and supporting the development of data scientists.
The position is predominantly remote but travel to London HQ on an ad-hoc basis is expected. Salary is up to £100K + a 20% bonus and a host of other generous benefits.
If this is something that could be of interest to you then please apply for more information and I will be in touch with suitable candidates.