- Manchester, Greater Manchester
- £80000.00 - £94000.00 per annum
- Job Type
- Jessica Jolly
My globally-recognised client are at the start of an extremely exciting journey of building a new Data Science function that builds cloud-based AI-powered features and products that fundamentally change the way businesses operate.
They are currently hiring a Principal AI Lab Developer to help them build machine learning solutions that will provide insights to empower businesses and help them succeed. As a part of their cross-functional team including data scientists and engineers, you will help steer the direction of the entire company's Data Science and Machine Learning effort.
If you value a culture of continuous improvement and learning and are excited about working with cutting edge technologies then please apply today.
To be considered, you must have:
* 6+ years of experience in building services, backend processes and API's in Python with tools like Flask or FastAPI
* Have expert knowledge and experience with several relevant programming languages (incl. Python), frameworks and databases (incl. DynamoDB, Postgres)
* Extensive experience with cloud environments (AWS)
* Experience using modern approaches to building simple interactive web UIs
* The ability to write highly performant code taking care of large volumes of data
* A willingness to adapt to significant changes in either technology or environment
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to evaluate and explain technical details clearly
* Ability to work independently and mentor the other team members
* Build services/APIs to integrate ML systems with customer-facing products
* Develop their internal toolset to support their machine learning systems and their own efficiency
* Collaborate with their AI Infrastructure team to extend the capabilities of their machine learning platform and tools
* Design and build reusable code and packages
* Monitor and optimize the quality and performance of their pipelines, services, and tools
* Working with product managers and Machine learning engineers to translate product/business problems into tractable machine learning problems.
Salary is up to £94K (DOE) and a very generous benefits package is included. This will also be fully remote with travel to their city centre London office 1 day a month.
If this is of interest, please apply with your latest CV and I will be in touch with suitable applicants.