Procurement Admin Officer
£13 per hour. Inside IR35
· Process a range of day-to-day procurement administration activities
· Champion and deliver a business support role to advise and assist with procurement queries to multiple directorates within ONS
· Set-up and deliver procurement training to various teams within ONS
· Provide a Devolved Requisitioner role to ensure all requisitions are set up correctly
· Analyse and collate metrics confidently to provide key updates to the management team
· Work to set deadlines to meet SLA
· Delegate workloads to team members and encourage best practice at all times to meet deadlines
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
A well organised, experienced, flexible team-player with a pro-active approach to work, who enjoys working in a busy, fast paced environment.
· An excellent communicator and strong eye for detail who can advise and challenge ideas professionally and make decisions quickly to strict timescales.
· Able to adapt to changing work priorities
· Enjoys a varied workload
· Can professionally collaborate with a variety of stakeholders at all levels
· Skills and Experience
· Expert in ONS Procurement Activities, raising and amending POs and making GPC payments with confidence
· Expert knowledge of Service Desk and fusion
· Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
· Flexible team-player who can work to own initiative
· Handle change quickly and reprioritise workload to meet changing demands
· Can show evidence of handling metrics confidently and accurately to make informed decisions
· Evidence of excellent established relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
· Ability to collate and manage metric reports and track progress of any action points relating to the reports
· Be meticulous in your approach with the ability to collate and present management information.
· Provide a secretariat service (monitor mailbox, service desk calls)
· Oversee the day to day tasks of the team and delegate tasks (have an awareness of line management responsibilities).
· Experienced in administration and can deliver excellent customer service.
· Proficient in training and coaching others - an ability to write and deliver expert training advice and guidance. Meticulously control and maintain this to a high-quality, (taking on feedback and suggestions) and adapting accordingly.
· Excellent communication skills
· Expert in ONS procurement processes and providing a Business Support role to multiple ONS departments
· Evidence of encouraging innovation through coaching, training and developing team members and internal stakeholders
· Experience in Devolved Requisitioner processes; quality assurance, providing feedback to the customer to rectify errors, and implement effective continuous improvement activities to make processes more efficient