TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
About the Role
The Data Processing Pipeline (DPP) receives data from multiple sources, processes this data in variety of ways, then provides the cleaned / linked data to several Analysis teams for their investigation.
The project, which is well advanced, is for the replacement of the current Data Pipeline (coded in Stata) with a new, improved product (utilising Python & PySpark). The project has both a fixed scope and fixed timescale, with deadline for start of live operation by end of January 2022.
The role is replacing the current Product Owner and operating an established Scrum based agile process, utilising Jira. It will be key to this role to quickly adapt to the current local working methods in a pragmatic manner, while identifying improvements and how these could be adopted.
The Product Owner will need well-rounded skills and experience, with the ability to apply good practice in an adaptable and pragmatic manner. They will need to be a robust, proactive self-starter and problem solver, managing their own workload. They will need to hit the ground running with a rapid learning approach.
The role will entail working closely with the Project Manager, Technical Development Leads, Proving Lead and the rest of the Development and Proving Teams. The role will involve close cooperation with the customers / stakeholders.
The Product Owner will report to the DPP Project Manager. The Product Owner will have no management responsibility for other resources.
The role will include:
1. Backlog Management
2. User Story & Acceptance Criteria Development
3. Coordination of the Agile, Scrum based Sprints
4. Planning of Sprints & contribution to project planning
5. Requirements and problem analysis
6. Coaching & improvement on Backlog & Scrum working practice
Relevant Qualifications Skills and Experience:
* Backlog Management (refinement, breakdown, sizing & estimating, prioritisation, etc.)
* Excellent communication skills & interpersonal skills
* Knowledge of software development practice
* Analytical skills (Requirements & Problem)
* User Story writing (Epics & Stories)
* Scrum based working and Sprint planning
* Advanced Jira user experience
* Experience of Data Engineering, Pipeline Development, ETL, etc.
* Technical awareness of Python, PySpark and related technology
Product Owner - Data Processing Pipeline
|Job Title:||Product Owner - Data Processing Pipeline|
|Salary:||£25 - £28 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Tara Hibbott|
|Job Published:||October 19, 2021 14:54|
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£500 - £600 per annum + INSIDE IR35
Delivery Manager (Database Virtualisation product)
£600 - £700 per day + INSIDE IR35
Technical Integration Project Manager (NHS)
£400 - £425 per day + OUTSIDE of IR35
Engagement Lead - Public Sector
£300 - £400 per day + (Inside IR35)
Project Support Officer (RAID management)
£19 - £20.40 per hour + Inside IR35