Role Title: Programme Manager
Security Clearance required: Vaild SC Clearance
Role location: working from home
Duration of engagement: 6 Months, Inside IR35
Deadline Thursday 19th November 2020 at Noon
This is a survey that gives us the most accurate estimate of all the people and households in England and Wales. We want to give users a rich experience on the website, that improves significantly before. This is an exciting time to join this large, complex programme, delivering ground-breaking digital services.
It will do this by allowing users to:
* access a range of publicly available data
* find outputs on the website easily
* download, customise and build their own data tables
* engage with content and data through visualisations maps, explorers, interactives and new editorial
* access content and data in a way that suits them, including geographic searches by postcode or clickable maps, and through other parties using content
The Programme Manager is responsible for leading a defined set of interdependent projects and the associated business change activities. They have primary responsibility for successful delivery of technology enabled outcomes, including the establishment of appropriate governance and assurance, monitoring progress, managing risks and issues and ensuring the business readiness for change.
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
Skills & Experience Needed for this Role
Delivery Practices - You have significant experience of a range of delivery approaches and can pragmatically and effectively apply them to develop a governance and delivery framework specific for the context of this programme. This knowledge includes MSP plus a range of Agile and Lean tools and techniques. You can ensure that working practices are iterated to achieve effective delivery.
Commercial Management - You can support effective budget management within the constraints of the programme.
Communication Skills - You know how to communicate effectively across organisational, technical and political boundaries, understanding the context. You can advocate and communicate what a team does to create trust and authenticity. You know how to react and successfully respond to challenge.
Community Collaboration - You know how to solve and unblock issues between teams and departments at the highest level. You have strong mediation skills. You can coach the organisation on team dynamics and conflict resolution, whilst building and growing the community.
Maintaining Delivery Momentum - You know how to optimise the delivery flow of teams. You actively address the most complicated risks, issues and dependencies including where ownership exists outside the team or no clear ownership exists. You can identify innovative ways to unlock issues.
Planning - You know how to lead a continual planning process in a complex environment. You can identify dependencies in plans and co-ordinate delivery.
Evidence of successfully managing the end to end delivery of large, high complexity digital and business change transformation programmes.
Experience leading agile delivery teams.
Desirable Experience & Qualifications:
- A technical understanding of websites and presentation of data and analysis
- Recognised project delivery qualification demonstrating knowledge of a range of project and programme delivery methods, such as:
- Agile Project Management Practitioner
- APM Practitioner Qualification
- APM Registered Project Professional
- Civil Service Project Leadership Programme
- Lean Practitioner