£25-27 per hour. Inside IR35
3 Months (likley extension)
The Project Manager leads a multi-disciplinary, highly skilled team focused on the development, delivery and support of changes to UK trade and investment statistics. The role holder should be adept at delivering complex business change projects, breaking down barriers, planning and removing blockers when required. The role of the Programme Planner is to work with stakeholders to ensure all aspects of the Programme are defined. The planner provides clarity on key milestones to define what, when and how activities will be organised to ensure the outcomes of projects can be achieved, with the resources available. They lead on all aspects planning, which will include the development, updating and monitoring of plans and schedules. They identify tasks, activities, interdependencies and outputs for the project and work with the project team to track and monitor progress against the plan throughout the life of the Programme.
* Lead on planning activity and work with the Programme Manager to support delivery of the business case benefits and outcomes.
* Develop and maintain the Programme Plan using tools such as Microsoft Project.
* Implement and monitor dependency management.
* Support capability building and the use of best practice in planning and reporting.
* Provide expert advice for team members and project community.
* Challenge and test project assumptions to ensure that plans are realistic and achievable. Develop of breakdown structures, quality criteria, product descriptions and monitoring strategy.
* Support the Programme Manager to identify options to optimise delivery through resource smoothing, resource levelling and rescheduling of activities.
* Ensure that stakeholder responsibilities and needs are understood and addressed in reporting arrangements.
* Monitor and analyse information, reporting progress, slippage and highlighting areas of risk and opportunity.
* Provide expert advice on planning processes throughout the lifecycle of the project.