Home working for the foreseeable. When returning to the office, the role can be across any of the three sites. London, Titchfield or Newport.
The Project/Programme Planner will work with stakeholders to ensure all aspects of the project are defined. The planner provides clarity on key milestones to define what, when and how activities will be organised to ensure the outcomes of the project/programme can be achieved, with the resources available. You will lead on all aspects of project planning, which will include the development, updating and monitoring of plans and schedules. You will identify tasks, activities, interdependencies and outputs for the project and work with the project teams to track and monitor progress against the plan throughout the life of the project/programme.
- Delivery & Leadership - Lead on planning activity and work with the projects to support delivery of the business case benefits and outcomes. Support capability building and the use of best practice in planning and reporting. Provide expert advice for team members and project community.
- Programme Planning - Challenge and test assumptions to ensure that plans are realistic and achievable. Support the project managers to identify options to optimise delivery through resource smoothing, resource levelling and rescheduling of activities.
- Stakeholder Management - Ensure that stakeholder responsibilities and needs are understood and addressed in reporting arrangements. Develops peer networks across the department.
- Programme Performance & Controls - Monitor and analyse information, reporting progress, slippage and highlighting areas of risk and opportunity.
- Guidance & Support - Provide expert advice on planning processes throughout the lifecycle of the projects and programme.
Relevant Skills and Experience
- Project management or support qualification such as Prince2, P3O, MoR, MSP
- Agile working
- Experience in project, programme or business planning (operational, financial and workforce planning), ideally across a number of sectors/organisations
- Experience of working with both Agile and more traditional delivery methodologies.
- A track record of prioritising and delivering outputs in a fast-paced, high pressure and time-sensitive environment responding quickly and decisively to changing circumstances
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship management skills with a proven record of establishing, building and maintaining strong, collaborative and productive relationships with senior stakeholders that generated confidence in your insights and the actions necessary
- Expert knowledge of MS Project