- DBS before Starting
- Remote or Newport or Titchfield
- EO - £15.30 per hour, 37 hours a week.
- Contractor position, Inside IR35. LTD or Umbrella company for pay
- 6 months initially
- Deadline 12 noon 12th October 2021
This is a high-profile role supporting the day-to-day running of key research projects within the scope of the Economic Statistics Centre of Excellence (ESCoE), Economic Statistics Group (ESG)'s flagship partnership with external and academic researchers.
The role is also responsible for managing ESG's Methods Advisory Committee (MAC), a key part of the governance to ensure high-quality methods are implemented into our systems.
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
What will the successful candidate be doing?
Supporting ESGs Research and Development agenda working within the Productivity, Research and Professional Development (PRP) Division, this role supports the day-to-day running of both the ESG Methods Advisory Committee (MAC) and the Economic Statistics Centre of Excellence (ESCoE), providing operational support and management to the internal and external project teams.
The role of the MAC and ESCoE Operational Support is responsible for dealing with operational matters (organisation, administration etc), stakeholder engagement and management of the project management office, providing effective and efficient administrative support to the workstreams.
This role works closely with stakeholders at all levels of seniority and our key academic partners to ensure the agreed outputs are delivered to enable benefits to be realised.
You will typically be expected to:
* Providing project support to ESCoE research projects, MAC processes and ONS leads (e.g., organising, and minuting project boards, drafting project plans, updating timetables and risk registers)
* Engaging internal stakeholders to promote the ESCoE and MAC governance; supporting ESG to drive forwards its research agenda through effective collaboration with its academic partners
* Supporting effective collaboration between Senior MAC members and researchers to ensure effective quality assurance and decision-making for all methods changes.
* Manage the MAC submissions and future transition onto new software.
* Experience of providing operational/project support with strong organisational and planning skills with experience of managing multiple priorities and working under pressure.
* A track record of successful delivery with the resilience to respond quickly and decisively to rapidly.
* Experience of building and maintaining strong, collaborative and productive relationships to influence internal and external stakeholders at all levels and the confidence to challenge when appropriate.
* Knowledge of project management techniques.
* Knowledge of how strong governance structures assist delivery.