Project Delivery Manager
Location: Remote/Client Site
My Client is looking for a Project Delivery Manager to join our talented software development team in the UK.
If you are looking for a new challenge, have experience in managing software delivery in an Agile way, and a background in the insurance sector (ideally Life Assurance & Pensions), this could be the role for you.
About the Role …
You will be responsible for:
- The project's implementation according to content, schedule, budget and quality, as agreed with the customer
- Meeting tight timelines and motivating the team to meet project deadlines
- Direct management of Team Leaders
- Multi-tasking of multiple projects and customers' demands simultaneously
- Managing development activities, such as scheduling, resource planning, budget & time tracking
- Reporting implementation progress, meeting budgetary targets, quality products and more.
- Development and cross-training of the team to further improve technical and business knowledge to help us achieve exceptional results
- Implementing Sapiens' development methodologies and enforcing compliance
- Building good relationships with distributed delivery teams across the globe
- Visiting customer sites as and when required, but most work is conducted at the Cardiff site
- Being an advocate for Agile delivery and mentor/coach the teams for continuous improvement
- Leadership and management of project delivery teams in a distributed global environment.
Keys Skills and Background …
- Insurance or financial services background
- Experience of working within a large software development team distributed across the globe
- Basic knowledge of databases
- In-depth understanding and experience of the management of the software development life cycle (SDLC) from the initiation of a project plan to full execution
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of negotiating with customers and clients regarding scope and delivery schedules
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel globally
- Experience in Waterfall and Agile delivery
- Experienced with working in a Matrix management environment
- Experience of working with JIRA and Jenkins