Project Management Lead. Remote. Inside IR35
Our Central Government Clients latest strategy is driving a transformational change throughout the organisation and we have already taken huge strides forward to becoming a modern, technically focused, data driven organisation.
Are you a highly organised, proactive individual who would like to help deliver high level projects and programmes? Do you enjoy working in a busy, fast paced environment with a team ready to support and celebrate success with one another? Then this might be the role for you!
The Integrated Data Programme will build a digital collaborative environment that enables cross-government teams and wider communities to deliver complex analytical outcomes by bringing together analysts, data, infrastructure, information governance and domain expertise. The main objective is to unlock the vast potential of linked data to enhance decision making for the public good, providing a quality evidence base on which to improve the lives of citizens.
Lead and coordinate the delivery of multi-disciplinary project workstream activities within the IDP Project Portfolio in an agile delivery framework.
The role holder should be adept at working effectively across teams; delivering measurable progress within tight timelines projects and removing blockers when required.
Job Description - What will the successful candidate be doing?
The role of this Project Manager Deliver Lead is to deliver across several multi-disciplinary project workstreams on a day-to-day basis. These projects will evolve over time in response to the overall programme priorities and needs, therefore some flexibility and comfort with changing work packages is required.
The Project Deliver Lead is responsible for driving and overseeing the delivery of their project workstreams to ensure that the objectives are clearly defined and are delivered within the agreed time, cost and quality constraints.
* Delivery - Create and lead the project to deliver the agreed outcomes within time, cost and quality constraints.
* Project Management - Day to day leadership of the project and any associated project team.
* Set project controls. Design the project governance structure and organisation appropriate to its lifecycle or stage. Set appropriate delivery methodologies. Manage effective transition between project phases.
* Resources - Identify in consultation resources needed to deliver the projects, deploy and develop resources as appropriate and will include Line Management of team members
* Benefits - working with our partners across the Programme to ensure projects deliver the benefits identified
* Stakeholder Management - Identify and manage stakeholder relationships and need for senior level support. Manage internal and external relationships as appropriate.
* Risks & Issues - Identify and monitor project risks and issues. Develop mitigating actions and escalate as appropriate. Identify and work with related projects to manage interdependencies.
* Governance - Support effective governance and decision making. Provide reporting and engage in mechanisms that hold you, as Project Manager, to account for delivery.
* Assurance - Engage with assurance reviews and support action on recommendations. Organise assurance processes such as gateway reviews, as needed and in consultation with SME's
* Change Management - Ensure effective Change Management processes are in place to agree and document changes to deliverables as agreed with stakeholders.
* Guidance & Support - Provide support, guidance and coaching for the project team. Show commitment to personal development. Promote effective individual and team performance.
* Strategy - Cascade vision and translate into delivery objectives for the team. Develop and maintain Project Plan. Manage performance and report progress to sponsors
* Proven experience of end to end project management of one or more projects of significant impact and/or complexity;
* Proven ability to clearly articulate project goals as well as each team member's tasks, responsibilities and expectations;
* Proven and demonstrable ability to validate plans and dependencies;
* Proven experience of working collaboratively with multiple partners and setting direction;
* Extensive experience and knowledge of managing and monitoring of the project lifecycle to effectively challenge to ensure best service and value for money;
* Proven ability to work under broad direction in challenging environments