- Worcestershire, England
- Up to £42000.00 per annum
- Job Type
- Alex Devlin
£42,000 Per Annum (2 year fixed term contract)
Are you a project focused individual that wants to manage projects from initial concept to implementation? Do You want to provide expert technical support throughout the delivery phase of the project?
- To support the Programme Manager to embed Project Management Office standards in the delivery of projects.
- To provide technical support including tools and techniques to project managers to identify and plan resource requirements both internal and external of the organisation in the delivery stage of projects.
- To provide technical support in ensuring projects are within budget, and project parameters, supporting Project Managers in their responsibility for decisions on changes and subsequent alterations to the financial structure within projects in delivery.
- To provide technical support including methods and approaches to project managers in undertaking performance assessments and addressing issues and using corrective actions as necessary in the delivery phase of a project.
- To ensure benefits management is an integral part of all projects from the outset, and that benefits are identified, planned and measured.
- To manage, co-ordinate and direct resources assigned to a project on a day to day basis to deliver the projects objectives.
- To regularly report upon project progress to key stakeholders (Programme Manager, Business Leads etc), ensuring that issues are raised in a timely manner.
- To be responsible for stakeholder engagement and actively engage all key stakeholders in the delivery of projects, ensuring compliance with Home Office and other statutory guidance.
- To provide technical advice and approaches to Project Managers, when a project is in delivery, to assess and capture risks and issues, ensuring appropriate mitigating and escalation approaches.
- To liaise with consultants and contract resources as authorised in accordance with procurement policies and procedures and providing regular reports on all project matters to Business leads.
- To attend and represent the programme manager at relevant team and project meetings.
- Ability to interpret and extract information from a variety of sources, and create well presented, accurate, concise documentation, demonstrating attention to detail.
- Demonstrate excellent negotiation, influencing and communication skills and all levels internal and external of the organisation
- Demonstrate excellent organisational/time management skills and the ability to work calmly and professionally under pressure.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite, including MS Project.
- Possession of a professional Project Management qualification by examination (preferably Office Government & Commerce/Association) Prince 2 Foundation and Practitioner and/or demonstrable substantial expert professional level experience of delivering complex project management.
- Educated to degree level (Level 6) or equivalent.