- Remote working anywhere in the UK.
- £500 - £600 per hour, 37 hours a week. Inside IR35 contractor position
- 3 months initially
- Proven track record of project management and delivery of complex projects
- Central government/ Public Sector experience
We are looking for a as Project Manager who will be able to lead / manage the project and the project team on a day-to-day basis.
You will drive and oversee the delivery of the project to ensure that the objectives are clearly defined and achieved within the agreed time, cost and quality constraints. You will also have a key role in project governance and working with stakeholders, to ensure the agreed project outputs are delivered to enable benefits to be realised.
A proven track record of project management and delivery of complex projects covering full project lifecycle within budget, time, quality and user expectations, specifically project initiation, some of which will be in an agile environment.
Any project management qualification such as PRINCE2 or Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) and relevant experience.
Typical Role Responsibilities
- Delivery - Create and lead the project to deliver the agreed outcomes within time, cost and quality constraints.
- Project Management - Day to day management and leadership of the project and the project team. Provide effective leadership and management controls. Set project controls. Design the project structure and organisation appropriate to stage. Set appropriate delivery methodologies. Manage effective transition between project phases.
- Business Case - Develop and draft the Business Case, with input from specialists as necessary
- Project Performance & Controls - Cascade vision and translate into delivery objectives for the team. Develop and maintain Project Plan. Identify and set appropriate Project Controls. Manage performance and report progress to sponsors.
- Stakeholder Management - Identify and manage stakeholder relationships and need for senior level support. Manage internal and external relationships as appropriate.
- Change Management - Ensure effective Change Management processes are in place to agree and document changes to deliverables as agreed with stakeholders.
- Risks & Issues - Identify and monitor project risks and issues. Develop mitigating actions and escalate as appropriate. Identify and work with related projects to manage interdependencies.
- Governance - Support effective governance and decision making. Provide reporting and engage in mechanisms that hold you, as Project Manager, to account for delivery.
- Assurance - Engage with assurance reviews and support action on recommendations. Organise assurance processes such as gateway reviews, as required.
- Resources - Identify skill requirements; and deploy and develop resources. Manage a medium sized team.
- Guidance & Support - Provide support, guidance and coaching for the project team. Show commitment to personal development. Promote effective individual and team performance. .
- Budget - Develop the budget and track delivery within budget.
- Benefits Realisation - Deliver the agreed Business Case benefits and outcomes. Ensure appropriate Benefits Realisation Strategy is in place, and monitor longer term delivery of benefits against the Business Case.