Project Delivery Manager (Permanent)
Full time role
Hybrid Working - Mainly remote with office location in Birmingham
£40,000 - £45,000
We have an exciting opportunity for an Agile Project Delivery Manager that has an adaptable and collaborative style.
Our Digital Services directorate is transforming the way it operates by delivering digital, data and technology services from frontline to back office, in a modern and efficient way. Our vision is to develop integrated information and technology that empowers our colleagues and provides real time information to our customers, integration with intelligent vehicle and transport systems as they develop, to improve journey safety and reliability.
As a Delivery Manager you will be a member of the Technology Programmes Corporate Projects portfolio team. You will be working collaboratively using agile techniques to deliver IT solutions for various directorates this will include deliveries of Microsoft Dynamics CRM systems, infrastructure projects that enable business change, managing SAAS deliveries and deployment of new technologies/solutions to replace legacy systems.
What you'll be leading on
- Responsible for the delivery of multiple projects depending on the complexity/scale.
- Working with a Lead Delivery Manager to drive and develop the working relationships between the suppliers, the technology teams and business colleagues.
- Effectively managing activities to ensure high quality project outcomes are achieved in a timely and cost-effective way.
- Ensuring all projects you are involved in support the National Highways imperatives of safety, customer and delivery.
- Applying appropriate project management techniques to deliver in agile, waterfall and hybrid projects. You will be managing project budgets, schedules, deliverables and controlling risks and issues that impact success.
To be successful
- You will have a project management qualification or relevant work experience of leading on complex IT based business change/technology projects
- You will possess an engaging personal style, with a strong collaborative stakeholder management capability
- You will have experience of delivering project outcomes at pace, using agile delivery methods as well as more traditional project management tools and techniques
- You will be able to digest complex information from various sources and communicate this clearly and succinctly across all levels both verbally and in writing (presentations and reports)
- Desirable - you will have experience of leading or managing a team successfully
- Desirable - you have knowledge or experience of working with operational technology in transport environment