Project Delivery Manager - (Data Delivery, Data Pipelines, Big Data sets)
- Fully remote working
- Inside IR35, 500 to 550 per day
- COVID-19 project
- 6 month contract
- MUST HAVE experience with delivering large data sets for Government organisations
- Closed for applications after 12pm, Wednesday 22nd July, 2020
About the role
Accountable to the Programme Manager, you'll work within a team to plan, direct and co-ordinate activities to deliver.
- You'll proactively monitor and report on project progress, resolving any potential issues quickly and effectively.
- You will need knowledge and experience of digital and business change projects and extensive experience of working in matrix management environment.
- As well as championing the project, you'll communicate change across the organisation, working closely with a range of internal, external and governmental stakeholders.
- The role will require building effective relationships with a number of other project managers to ensure that the deliveries from other projects will not jeopardise the viability of your project.
- Current stage of Project: Roll out and ramp up of scale
- Challenges: Highly complex programme with many interdependencies
- Delivery approach being used: Hybrid
- You will be a high energy, proactive individual with the skills and experience to deliver complex projects with a large number of internal and external stakeholders. You will have operated at a senior level in project delivery environment and understand the ingredients for successful project delivery.
- With a strong PPM leadership and delivery background at a senior level, you will have extensive experience of planning, dependency management, dynamic and insightful reporting, stakeholder management and delivery.
- Delivery - Create and lead the project to deliver the agreed outcomes within time, cost and quality constraints.
- Project Management - Day to day management of the project and the project team. Provide effective leadership and management controls. Set project controls. Design the project structure and organisation appropriate to stage. Set appropriate delivery methodologies. Manage effective transition between project phases.
- Benefits Realisation - Deliver the agreed Business Case benefits and outcomes. Ensure appropriate Benefits Realisation Strategy is in place, and monitor longer term delivery of benefits against the Business Case.
- Stakeholder Management - diverse range of internal and external stakeholders, successfully managing engagement and communications to ensure buy-in, bringing in senior level support when required.
- Risks & Issues - At this level the Project Manager will take tangible action to ensure strategic and operational risks and issues are identified, prioritised, assessed, and appropriate mitigating actions developed, implemented and monitored throughout the life of the project. They will also ensure senior stakeholders and specialists are engaged where appropriate.
- Governance - Support effective governance and decision making. Provide reporting and engage in mechanisms that hold you, as Project Manager, to account for delivery.
- Assurance - Engage with assurance reviews and support action on recommendations. Organise assurance processes such as gateway reviews, as required.
- Change Management - Ensure effective Change Management processes are in place to agree and document changes to deliverables as agreed with stakeholders.
- Guidance & Support - Provide support, guidance and coaching for the project team. Show commitment to personal development. Promote effective individual and team performance.
- Project Performance & Controls - Cascade vision and translate into delivery objectives for the team. Develop and maintain Project Plan. Identify and set appropriate Project Controls. Manage performance and report progress to sponsors.
- Any project management qualification such as PRINCE2 or Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) and relevant experience.
Please apply if this role appeals to you!