- £25 - £27.54 per hour + Inside IR35
- Job Type
- James Norval
Project Manager x2
- Fully Remote
- Inside IR35
- Equivalent annual salary £25 - £27.54 per hour
- Contractor role - Inside IR35
- 3 months initially
- Deadline 12 noon 11th October 2021
Are you a highly organised, proactive individual who would like to help deliver high level projects and programmes? Do you enjoy working in a busy, fast paced environment with a team ready to support and celebrate success with one another? Then this might be the role for you!
The Integrated Data Programme will build a digital collaborative environment that enables cross-government teams and wider communities to deliver complex analytical outcomes by bringing together analysts, data, infrastructure, information governance and domain expertise. The main objective is to unlock the vast potential of linked data to enhance decision making for the public good, providing a quality evidence base on which to improve the lives of citizens.
In order to assist this work, we are looking for a Project Manager who will be responsible for working alongside other delivery leads to coordinate the delivery of multi-disciplinary project workstream activities within an agile delivery framework.
The role holder should be adept at working effectively across teams; delivering measurable progress within tight timelines projects and removing blockers when required.
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
The role of this Project Manager is to support a Delivery Manager across a number of multi-disciplinary project workstreams on a day-to-day basis. These projects will evolve over time in response to the overall programme priorities and needs, therefore some flexibility and comfort with changing work packages is required. The Project Manager is responsible for supporting the Delivery Manager in driving and overseeing the delivery of their project workstreams to ensure that the objectives are clearly defined and are delivered within the agreed time, cost and quality constraints. The Project Manager will also support the Delivery Manager with project governance, working with stakeholders to ensure requirements are identified and barriers overcome, to ensure the agreed project outputs are delivered to enable benefits to be realised.
Working with the Delivery Manager, the Project Manager responsibilities will include:
* Planning, monitoring and reporting progress, initiating corrective action as appropriate;
* Actively and effectively handling project risks, issues, dependencies and constraints, escalating as required;
* Effective management of project resources including finance and staff;
* Engaging effectively with programme and project partners
* Ensuring the project remains aligned with programme priorities;
* Supporting the wider project team and communicating with them efficiently;
Responsibilities - Include person specification and essential criteria - to help a candidate decide if they should apply
* Proven experience of end to end project management of one or more projects of significant impact and/or complexity;
* The ability to clearly explain project goals as well as each team member's tasks, responsibilities and expectations;
* The ability to validate plans and dependencies;
* Proven experience of working collaboratively with multiple partners and setting direction;
* Managing and monitoring of project costs and budgets to effectively challenge external suppliers to ensure best service and value for money;
* Ability to work under broad direction in challenging environments
A recognised project delivery qualification demonstrating knowledge of a range of programme delivery methods is desirable, such as:
* PRINCE2 Practitioner
* Agile Project Management
* APM Registered Project Professional