SC CLeared Project Manager x2
- SC clearance - must have active/current clearance
- Remote working
- Rate: 550/600 per day Inside IR35
- Duration: 6 months
- Deadline: 12 noon 8th July 2022
Working with subject matter experts from the Programme Management Office/Planning, Portfolio & Business Change Teams within established organisation protocols, your typical responsibilities will include some or all of the following:
- Delivery - Create and lead the project to deliver the agreed outcomes within time, cost and quality constraints, in line with Project Delivery standards
- Project Management - Day to day management and leadership of the project and the project team. Set project controls. Select and apply the appropriate Delivery Lifecycle and ensure "core" delivery products in place for each stage
- Business Case - Coordinate development of the Business Case.
- Budget - Track delivery within budget.
- Resources - Schedule / manage resources to deliver the project. May work independently or with a small team.
- Benefits Realisation - Ensure benefits are identified, understood, measured, tracked and owned. Ensure appropriate Benefits Realisation Strategy is in place and monitor longer term delivery of benefits against the Business Case.
- Stakeholder Management - Identify key stakeholders and develop effective relationships.
- Risks & Issues - Identify and monitor project risks and issues. Develop mitigating actions and escalate as appropriate.
- Governance - Provide key reports and support effective governance and decision making.
- Assurance - Support or set appropriate project assurance.
- Change Management - Ensure effective Change Management processes are in place to agree and document changes to deliverables as agreed with stakeholders.
- Guidance & Support - Seek appropriate support, guidance and coaching from the project community. Show commitment to personal development. Promote effective individual and team performance.
- Project Performance & Controls - Build Project Plan and apply appropriate project principles to deliver stated objectives. Identify and set appropriate Project Controls. Track and report delivery against milestones.
- A proven track record of the following criteria are essential in the context of a low/medium complexity project environment:
- Leading the successful delivery of projects within budget, time, quality and user expectations across the whole project life cycle, tailoring your approach and applying the appropriate frameworks, methodologies, standards, tools and techniques.
- Active management of project plans, risks, issues, dependencies, and assumptions. Identifying threats and opportunities that arise, understanding their impact on key objectives - taking the appropriate approach to their management.
- The identification, interpretation, analysis and presentation of information to facilitate decision making.
- Excellent communication skills to provide insightful reporting and clear briefing on complex issues to senior stakeholders
- Management of a complex workload. Using innovative approaches and personal resilience to respond quickly and decisively to changing and challenging priorities and deadlines to deliver valued outcomes
- Leading successfully across functional and organisational boundaries. Seeking out opportunities to influence decision making by establishing, nurturing and maintaining strong, collaborative, productive relationships.
- Inspiring, motivating and leading people, providing clear direction where uncertainty exists, role-modelling the appropriate behaviours and challenging inappropriate behaviour.