Project Support Officer
SC - candidates ideally already have SC Clearance
HEO £19 to £20.40 per hour
Contractor post, Inside IR35. Umbrella or LTD for pay.
Take home pay per month: £2200/£2300 approx
Duration: until 31st March 2022 (likely extension)
Are you enthusiastic and well organised and looking for a new opportunity? Do you have the skills and experience of managing complex workloads? If so, then this could be the new opportunity for you…
A brilliant opportunity to get an introduction into project management and learn all skills required to develop you within Project delivery. Project support officers provide vital assistance to project managers.
These highly organised, dynamic professional will work on an important project delivering vital data to the users, working collaboratively with two supplies and mix function teams within the organisation to enable project success. As a project support officer, you won't only perform routine administrative duties like minute taking - rather, your responsibilities will be inextricably tied to the success of the project you are working on. Driving everything forward from planning to implementation, your actions will directly influence the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of the project. A great opportunity for anyone who wants to develop within Project Management.
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
As a project support officer, you will perform a diverse range of activities to support the delivery of the project's objectives. You will enable the smooth running of the project by supporting the project manager through the operation of project management processes, and the co-ordination of business management actions and activities on their behalf.
* Planning and scheduling - To undertake effective planning and scheduling of the SharePoint review project. This will include coordinating tasks with Site Owners and end users.
* Monitoring and reporting - Assist in monitoring project controls and the creation of project outputs, such as current and future state product diagrams of the SharePoint area. Act as a focal point for project updates and report any issues as required
* Admin - Organise key project meetings, and provide secretariat support. Create project documents and ensure the project approach aligns with relevant policies and processes.
* Stakeholder - Ensure stakeholders are updated on the project development and oversee the creation of a comms plan, for each stage of the project, ensuring it is sent out in a timely fashion. Act as the focal point for project responses to external requests for information.
* A track record of working successfully in a fast-paced Project/Programme/Portfolio or business support environment
* A sound understanding of risks and issues and appropriate options for their collection, recording, management and control
* Demonstrable experience of effectively managing a complex workload, prioritising and managing rapidly changing demands and priorities.
* Clear demonstration of a focus on delivery - responding quickly and decisively to take ownership for and delivery of valued outcomes in changing circumstances and to tight deadlines
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a proven track record of establishing, building and maintaining strong, collaborative and productive relationships.