Project Support Officer
Contract Until 31st October (possible extension)
£135 per day. Inside IR35.
Full time. 37 hours per week. Monday to Friday
To note, the successful candidate will align with our flexible working policy, working remotely for most days, however, they will be required onsite (Cardiff) for at least one day per week and they will also be required to collect and return their equipment from Cardiff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To support the Project Team by the following:
* To set up and maintain project files.
* To administer project meetings.
* To work with the project manager in the production of the required products within the agreed tolerances of the Project Brief.
* Responsible for producing specified deliverables as defined by the project management team when undertaking specific activities / work packages (e.g. information gathering, creation of spreadsheets or databases, report writing).
* Carry out research and development work to assist in the management of projects.
* Carry out Gap analysis activities.
* Responsible for the preparation and completion of routine and ad-hoc reports required by the project board /project manager or programme office.
* To be a point of contact for project correspondence.
* Keeping records of project correspondence and project expenditure.
* Liaising with the Project Board or its appointed Project Assurance roles to assure the overall direction and integrity of the project.
* Liaising with programme management or related projects to ensure that work is neither overlooked nor duplicated.
* Liaising with any suppliers or account managers, as required.
* To support the project team with complex activities across projects or several different work areas requiring adjustments of plans including:
* Plan and organise project meetings.
* Liaise with all event participants.
* Prepare all event and meeting documentation.
* To minute meetings and produce formal minutes as required.
* To inform people of their follow-up action points, to ensure they are delivered on time.
Planning and monitoring:
* Planning and Monitoring elements of the project, requiring judgements of complex facts and situations which require analysis and interpretation that may include:
* Assisting the project manager with drafting the Project Initiation Document.
* Assisting in the preparation of project documentation e.g. project stage reports, benefit realisation plans, exception plans, business justifications.
* Updating project plans and monitoring the delivery and key milestones.
* Drafting highlight reports.
* Administering the project risks & issues, identifying to the project manager where there may be a lack of progress.
* Preparation of the Lessons Learned Report.
* Preparation of the End Project Report.
* Preparation of Communication and Stakeholder Engagement Plans.
Assisting with financial procurement:
* Manage and communicate with a significant number of stakeholders and UK NHS employees and organisations.
* Work with Project Managers and the Communications team to organise the successful delivery of project-based communication and stakeholder events.
* Facilitating regional meetings, project workshops and team meetings.
* Manage relationships with external suppliers and contractors.
* Responsible for providing and receiving complex or sensitive information in relation to national projects and work streams.
* Design and deliver routine presentations.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Experience of administering projects
* Good knowledge of Computer skills, and Microsoft Office Suite, with the ability to master new applications
* Knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring, and controlling projects, e.g. PRINCE2
* Good organisational skills, and the ability to identify priorities
* Possess good written and oral communications skills
* Good report drafting skills and minute taking
* Effective interpersonal and communication skills
* Responsive to changing environments
* Ability to work in a team, to work to deadlines and on own initiative
* Experience of recording and monitoring financial information
* Experience and understanding of information management and technology issues within the healthcare environment
Experience and understanding of change and configuration management, and information management and technology issues within the within the project environment
* Knowledge of the procurement process, including contract negotiations particularly in relation to IT procurements
* Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with the Project team, stakeholders and third-party service providers involved in the delivery of the projects and programme.
* Experience in IM&T
* Knowledge and understanding of AGILEPM
* The ability to speak Welsh are desirable skills for this post
Project Support Officer
|Job Title:||Project Support Officer|
|Salary:||£125 - £135 per day + Inside IR35|
|Start Date:||July/August 2021|
|Contact Name:||Zoe Latuszka|
|Job Published:||July 07, 2021 13:13|
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's