- Staffordshire, England
- £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
- Job Type
- Stephanie Hoffman
- 19 days ago
Are you concerned about the impact of the current climate on your role or have you already been affected by it?
My client, one the world's leading online companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology and their business does not show signs of stopping down anytime soon. They have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an exceptional online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages.
They are currently in need of a Test Lead to work within the Software Development department who will assist in driving the provision of a capable, reactive, motivated, delivery focused testing team.
As a successful candidate, you will be taking responsibility for a number of work items across a suite of products and applications including a global website and mobile platform. You will be a hands-off Lead, looking after a team of 6, ensuring all work is done timely and to a high-quality standard.
We are now able to arrange no-contact interviews with telephone & Skype calls to keep you safe.
As a suitable candidate, you will have:
- Strong team/project lead experience
- A strong background in software testing
- Commercial experience of leading projects
- Excellent understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Ability to multi task and manage multiple streams of activity shifting focus regularly
- Capacity to operate in a pressured environment and react quickly to pressured situations
- Commitment to quality and thorough approach to work
On a day to day basis, you will be:
- Planning, organising and reporting on testing phases of work items across a range of products
- Applying active governance around quality, rules, standards and processes for work items you are managing
- Reviewing and analysing requirement documents ensuring business and technical requirements are fully understood to a detailed level
- Ensuring relevant test artefacts (test plans, estimates, test cases, regression suites) are created within necessary timescales and to the required standard
- Guiding, coaching and mentoring testers ensuring desired quality is achieved for work items you are responsible for
- Actively communicating both within the team and outside the team, attending and contributing to various interdepartmental meetings
- Liaising and facilitating successful relationships within the development teams and at times the operational functions