As the leading provider in their field with a powerful presence within the data community spanning the last 15 + years, my client is in need of a QA Automation Engineer to join their development team to aid in developing quality software to automate and verify product functionality, usability and performance of both new and existing products prior to delivery to customers.
The team is building cutting edge solutions to support and add value to services across financial services, government and public safety through providing a critical business function for many public services and household brands.
Investing heavily in their future technology stack and rapidly maturing their agile working practices, you will have the opportunity to work with microservices and containerisation.
As a suitable candidate, you will have ,at least significant applicable knowledge and skills in relation to the following:
- Strong background in, and at least 4+ years in Automation in C#;
- Automated QA processes in agile development environments.
- 3+ years experience of at least one of API automation (in C#), Webdriver, JMeter, Postman;
- Strong working knowledge of testing fundamentals such as TDD & BDD
- Structured and precise approach to testing and documenting results;
It would be beneficial if you have experience with any of the following: DevOps, Linux, Kubernetes, continuous integration
On a day to day basis, you will:
- Input into initial feature/project scoping and effort estimation;
- Identify and Automate existing/new test scripts;
- Create/update automation documentation and processes;
- Troubleshoot automated processes;
- Contribute to the Continuous Integration pipeline;
- Keep regression test documentation up to date;
- Document defects found and retest/review any resolutions;
- Assist support and project office in functional/configuration clarifications;
- Reproduce customer failures where necessary;
- Review the recorder against new handsets/softphones and version upgrades