- Fully Remote working anywhere in the UK
- Inside Ir35 Contract position - rates can be negotiable
- Deadline: Monday 22nd March 2021 at Noon
Description of Requirement:
The CIS Methods and Analysis team are responsible for statistical results from CIS, overseeing the process from research and development of new analyses to the regular production of statistical outputs. The Methods and Analysis team is an extremely busy work area, with demanding objectives and rapid development times and cycle times, in order to cover a very wide variety of epidemiological aspects of the pandemic in the UK. We work closely with our partners from the University of Oxford and the University of Manchester in designing and implementing advanced statistical methods to meet short run policy needs and new products as the pandemic evolves.
The role is responsible for the technical development and implementation of processing pipelines for CIS outputs, specified and designed by working with analytical staff in CIS Methods and Analysis and researchers from our partner institutions. The Methods and Analysis team works in R, although the role may also be exposed to Python.
* Build robust and efficient automated pipelines across our range of products, mainly in R, working with team members to ensure pipelines are properly specified, adaptable and tested
* Identify opportunities and improve the efficiency of the production suite as a whole, by ensuring consistency across pipelines and promoting common standards
* Work to integrate the pipelines and improve efficiency within the different secure platforms the team uses, including the ONS's Secure Research Service and Google Cloud Platform
* Drive standards in the team by assisting in coaching and mentoring team members in best practice software development and workflow
* Delivery in a fast-paced environment across multiple outputs
* Data engineering - technical coding skills in R, R for data visualisation
* Data engineering - technical coding skills in Python, relational databases such as SQL, experience with statistical modelling and data science methods, experience working with cloud services
* Systems engineering - applied to data/information/intelligence challenges in complex environments
* Data management/curation - such as the manipulation and analysis of complex, high volume and high dimension data, data management, interoperability, standardisation of data, metadata