£500-600 per day. Outside IR35
Remote work. UK based.
Develop a consolidated pan-archival RDF catalogue to meets users' needs and implementing this by building ETL processes, an RDF triple store and API services, underpinned by AWS Neptune and AWS Elasticsearch.
We run a discovery phase leading to plans for an alpha using AWS Neptune and Elasticsearch.
The discovery produced a proposal for a new Catalogue Data Model using RDF, a new identifier scheme, and transformation routines for the existing data to the new model. We have held workshops identifying the key ways that staff managing the catalogue work with the data and what they would like in future. The archivist needs to search, analyse, add to, correct, edit, enrich, and enhance record descriptions so that the catalogue is properly maintained. The archivist needs to work with catalogue entries individually or as large sets, making (or reversing) bulk changes, so they can work efficiently. The archivists need to understand the version history of the catalogue so they can be confident about where the information has originated.
We now seek a second development specialist to speed up progress on the following work strands:
* data extraction and transformation
* editorial workflow
The specialist will work with a Technical Architect and another RDF Developer. The core in-house team is a data analyst, two senior archivists and the Head of Cataloguing, Taxonomy and Data. The specialists will also work with a wider group of users, archivists across the organisation responsible for the management of the catalogue
We are developing a pan-archival catalogue, bringing together record descriptions from multiple catalogues into a single new system. Developer required to join a technical architect/another developer to work on the alpha development.
You will join a small team to deliver a new catalogue management system. This will involve developing API functions to search, select, add, export, edit, import, delete catalogue data; developing search for use by expert users (using SPARQL with Elasticsearch); developing an Extract, Transform, Load process to migrate catalogue data from multiple relational database (SQL Server) and RDF databases to a cloud based native RDF database (AWS Neptune).
- Have experience with using standards based ontologies/vocabularies, such as W3C PROV data model, Dublin Core and W3C ODRL
- Have experience of validating RDF data, for example using RDF SHACL
- Have experience of creating and working with RDF databases and SPARQL, for example AWS Neptune
- Have experience, knowledge and understanding of building Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) processes
- Have experience, knowledge of Java/Scala and an understanding of working with mixed content in the context of large, semi-structured datasets
- Have experience, knowledge and understanding of implementing resilient and secure systems using IAM in a cloud context
- Have experience developing a user interface/front end to support non-expert, editorial engagement with RDF
- Have experience, knowledge and understanding of EAD3 and EAC-CPF