5 to 8 Months Contract
Latest start date: 04/01/2021
After a successful discovery, we now need an expert RDF developer to help us implement an alpha of a new pan archival catalogue, developing a solution meet the users' needs, using AWS Neptune and Elasticsearch.
We are developing a pan-archival catalogue, bringing together record descriptions from multiple catalogues into a single new system. We are looking for a developer to work on the alpha development.
The specialist will develop a new catalogue management system. This will involve developing API functions to search, select, add, export, edit, import and delete catalogue data; developing search for use by expert users (using SPARQL in combination with Elasticsearch); developing an Extract, Transform, Load process to migrate The National Archives catalogue data from multiple relational database (SQL Server) and RDF databases to a cloud based native RDF database (AWS Neptune).
- Have experience with using standards-based ontologies/vocabularies, such as W3C PROV data model, Dublin Core and W3C ODRL
- Have experience of validating RDF data, for example using RDF SHACL
- Have experience of working with RDF databases and SPARQL, for example AWS Neptune
- Have experience, knowledge and understanding of Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) processes
- Have experience, knowledge and understanding of working with mixed content in the context of large, semi-structured datasets.
- Have experience, knowledge and understanding of create resilient and secure systems using IAM in a cloud context.
- Have experience developing a user interface/front end to support non-expert, editorial engagement with RDF
- Have experience, knowledge and understanding of EAD3 and EAC-CPF.