Census HR Generalist for Recruitment (HEO)
2-month Contract (likely extension)
This exciting role is part of the busy recruitment team which sits within the Census Field People Services (CFPS). The recruitment of census field staff has been outsourced to a supplier who will also provide the training, pay and HR services for the 2019 Rehearsal and 2021 Census.
As a Recruitment specialist you will work closely with internal customers and stakeholders providing support with the recruitment of the field staff for the census. You will work in close partnership with our external supplier ensuring that strict deadlines are met.
There are currently two opportunities available with both roles available within the recruitment team. Post one will be offered as a fixed term opportunity until 30 September 2021 and post two is a maternity cover for 6 months.
- Working with internal customers to fully understand the outcomes required;
- Working with internal teams to deliver the appropriate processes, technology and resources to support the recruitment, pay and training of the 2021 Census;
- Using industry knowledge of recruitment to feed into the options for the overall solution;
- Working in partnership with the supplier to ensure successful delivery of the census field force;
- Assisting where required with the development of workable requirements for all aspects of the recruitment, pay, training and HR functions;
- Monitoring own and team's work against targets, acting promptly to keep work on track and maintaining performance;
- Supporting development of aligned risks and dependencies to ensure continuity and a cohesive plan;
- Using contract management skills with internal services and external suppliers to support the effective and timely delivery of requirements;
- Keeping up to date with changes to policy and developing knowledge on the overall census design;
- Building and maintaining close working relationships with colleagues across the wider team and across government.
- Experience of working on recruitment campaigns;
- Experience of being able to work under pressure, respond quickly to changing priorities and to tight deadlines;
- Have an attention to detail and ability to co-ordinate several activities at the same time;
- Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills;
- Proven ability to develop relationships with stakeholders, both internal and external;
- Ability to understand the wider implications of your work, identifying emerging trends or issues which will impact or benefit it;
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, demonstrating the ability to communicate in a straightforward, honest and engaging manner at all levels and stand ground when needed.
Qualifications and experience
- CIPD Level 5 membership
- Relevant HR/Recruitment experience