Contract Scala Developer / Remote
We are seeking several Scala Contractors to work remotely on an enterprise document management platform. We are looking for a talented Scala backend engineer to join the team with good knowledge of Java.
Within this multi-functional team, the role will be focussed on progressing and maintaining the APIs and services for our enterprise search product on both the on- premise and greenfield cloud application. The cloud application has been built from the ground up using Kubernetes, GraphQL and an event sourced CQRS model as inter-service communication and data storage.
- Extensive experience with 5-8 years of Scala and a good understanding of Java Experience working with Play framework.
- Comfortable with functional programming and key libraries such as Scala Cats Knowledge of effect based programming
- Experience building scalable and performant systems
- Exposure working in an agile environment
- Ability to work with teams across US + India timezones. Familiarity with Event sourcing/CQRS concept a bonus
Working with a team of developers to deliver software to our clients development standards. Executing tasks with an understanding of the context, reaching out for any uncertainties Writing highly tested code with a strong focus on maintainability
Working in the current CI/CD pipelines with a mindset to improve efficiency