£19-£12 per hour. Depending on Experience.
The STES survey team produces quarterly estimates of employee jobs which feed into the UK Workforce Jobs estimates. Workforce Jobs national statistic estimates are published in the regular Vacancies & Jobs Statistical Bulletin. The team are responsible for validating and quality assuring STES employment results from MBS, QBS and Construction surveys.
You will be responsible for liaising with data suppliers and assisting with running the STES surveys results system, quality assuring the results and producing outputs that feed into publication and Eurostat deliveries.
The jobholder's role centres mainly on identification and investigation of irregularities in survey data, raising queries with BDOD where there are anomalies and ensuring that they are fully resolved in line with the publication timetable. Results are run in Common Software/Excel/SAS Enterprise Guide
- Produce results by running processing systems, eg, Excel, Common Software, IDBR & SAS Enterprise Guide.
- Validate and analyse data.
- Answering briefing queries from branch head/DD.
- Operate a help desk for external queries.
- Quality assure outputs.
- Identify and resolve problems.
- Liaising with suppliers and customers
- Examine complex information and obtain further information to make accurate decisions
- Provide advice and feedback to support others to make accurate decisions.
- Explain clearly, verbally and in writing, how a decision has been reached
- Identifies opportunities to share knowledge, information and learning and make progress by working with colleagues.