- £24.50 - £27.50 per hour
- Job Type
- Tara Hibbott
Risk, Issues and Assurance Manager
- Fully Remote Working anywhere in the UK
- £24.50 to £27.50 per hour Inside IR35
- Contractor role (LTD or Umbrella)
- Until 31 March 2022
- Deadline: 16/08/21 12 Noon
As a Risks and Issues Manager, you will be responsible for leading the proactive risk and issue management on behalf of the central Programme Management Office. You will set the strategy for risk and issue management and maintain the risk management strategy and plans for effective risk management in accordance with best practice. You will support the relevant risk or issue owners to identify and develop appropriate mitigation plans and escalate to the next level of management where appropriate.
You will work as part of, and in close coordination with, the wider risk community to support the evolution and application of departmental policy. You will ensure compliance with, and plan the continuous improvement of, project delivery risk and issues strategies, processes and procedures across the programme. As part of this you will need to develop feedback loops across the programme workstreams to ensure that risks and issues are being identified and mitigated successfully.
You will provide effective and efficient advice on Project Delivery Risks and Issues to the Programme manager and senior leaders across the programme. You will develop a programme of regular risk and issue reviews with key stakeholders, including presentations and facilitating discussions through governance forums including the programme board when required. You will act as the point of professional knowledge and expertise on Project Delivery risk and issue management, working with the wider risk community to build your own expertise and knowledge.
Application of standards: Responsible for ensuring projects or activities have appropriate levels of assurance for the complexity of the project. Following local guidance on types of assurance activities and recording them in management documents as required.
Planning: Responsible for leading a number of assurance activities across either one or several projects. Responsible for leading specific activities such as the review of management cases within business cases either at a local or department level.
Reporting: Leads the timely and accurate reporting of integrated assurance plans and milestones, and Risks to support departmental or board level assurance activities
Results/Actions Ensures that agreed actions are implemented, and that any lessons learned are applied to future change initiatives.
Stakeholders - Provision of effective and efficient advice on PD Risks and Issues to Programme Managers and senior leaders. Develop a programme of regular risk and issue reviews with key stakeholders. Point of professional knowledge and expertise on PD Risk and Issue Management for the programme. Supports the programme risk owners in identifying appropriate strategies for dealing with Risk and Issues.
Identification, Analysis, Monitoring and Reporting of Risks and Issues - Responsible for facilitating the identification, analysis and monitoring of PD Risks and Issues. Plans the periodic reporting of risk and ad-hoc PD Risk and Issues reports to meet changing customer demands. Undertakes qualitative and quantitative risk analysis, as required by Governance bodies. Establish and maintains the Risk, Issues and Assumptions database and register for the programme.
- An excellent understanding and demonstrable experience of Risk, Issue and assurance management approaches and techniques across a range of frameworks and methodologies, adapting or tailoring your approach to meet the environment.
- A track record of effectively managing relationships with senior stakeholders, using insightful reporting and briefing techniques and producing clear advice and influence on complex issues to enable senior managers to make timely and effective decisions
- Demonstrable experience of collecting, interpreting and accurately reporting data and presenting in a coherent and effective manner to a range of audiences.
- A track record of prioritising and delivering outputs in a fast-paced, high pressure and time-sensitive environment responding quickly and decisively to changing circumstances
- Effective demonstration of a focus on delivery - managing a complex workload while responding quickly and decisively to take ownership for and delivery of valued outcomes in a rapidly changing time sensitive environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship management skills with a proven record of establishing, building and maintaining strong, collaborative and productive relationships with senior stakeholders that generated confidence in your insights and the actions necessary.