Remote for foreseeable. Newport or Titchfield office if and when safe to do so. Can work remotely for duration if needed.
£27 per hour. Inside IR35.
6 Months (possible extension)
This project will deliver the recoding of the current Rogers and Berriman Edit and Imputation System (RBEIS) imputation system into python language to enable better availability and use of this imputation system around the Organisation. We're looking for engineers with experience of 'back end' development and an understanding of statistical methods and/or data science methods.
The role requires Python and PySpark coding experience.
General responsibilities are as follows:
- Designing software products to serve a variety of user needs and enhancing existing software products to meet evolving user needs.
- Ensuring a quality software product is delivered and maintained.
- Being a practitioner in the use of technologies and tools, evaluating and adopting those appropriate for the environment.
- Supporting an environment where continuous or "on demand" delivery can be enabled if needed by the business, using effective delivery and deployment techniques.
- Maintaining and supporting services, identifying, locating and competently fixing faults, and taking pro-active actions to avoid service disruption.
- Sharing knowledge of tools and techniques; identifying and sharing good practices and collaborating to improve the capability of the team.