Role: Senior Ruby Developer
Contract Length: 6 months
Location: Central London
Pay Rate to Candidate: £600 inside IR35
My client is looking for an experienced Senior Ruby Developer, to create and improve new and existing products, platforms and transactions across the organisation.
Have strong skills in front end or back end web developer (or both) and be ready to quickly get to work within a multi-disciplinary team of developers, designers, editors, and analysts focussed on one or more products or projects. Build web and mobile products to serve a variety of users' needs. Implement APIs for internal and external use. Build up a useful, robust automated test suite to support a Continuous Deployment environment. Share knowledge of tools and techniques with the wider team, both developers and non-developers. Take part in 2nd-line support of applications and platforms.
- A Senior Ruby developer with experience working in a multi-disciplinary agile team environment using test driven development (TDD).
- Must have strong experience working with SQL databases (eg. PostgreSQL).
- Awareness of NoSQL databases (eg. DynamoDB), and when and how to use them would be useful.
- A familiarity with event-based data models would be a bonus.
- Experience building, documenting, and testing JSON APIs would also be very useful.
- But will need to work closely with our Frontend developer.
- Knowledge of AWS is also required.
- Awareness of Kubernetes would also be useful.
If interested in the role, please apply or contact Taijaan deCordova on 0117 332 0834.