- Bath, Somerset
- £50000.00 - £70000.00 per annum
- Job Type
- Monique Vorster
- 19 days ago
Ruby on Rails Developer
Location - Bath
We are working with an exciting and really unique company that are looking for Ruby on Rails Developer to join their talented team based in Bath to help drive the development of their platform which is radically innovating the Charitable sector. You'll play an integral role in shaping the success of the platform which has already been hailed as a game changer.
As a developer, you'll be an integral part of the new product team, helping drive forward to the application and expanding its capabilities. You'll work closely with the Digital Product Manager, implementing changes to the application based on the expansive roadmap, user feedback and data driven requirements. You'll have the flexibility and freedom to drive and implement creative solutions, using the tech you enjoy and find interesting. They have strong ambitions to grow the product team and, as the software engineering team grows, you'll be helping set standards and the path forward.
- You must have significant experience in web development.
- Experience with both Ruby on Rails and modern frontend frameworks (such as Vue, React or Angular).
- You should have experience working with developers of different skill levels (using Git and GitHub, code reviews, pair programming).
- You should have a firm appreciation for a good user experience and instinctively can design and build interfaces in a user-centric way, taking pride in delivering quality and well thought-out work.
- You should be confident in delivering work creatively; this might include initial wireframing or planning user interface workflows, taking precedent from existing UI or design systems.
- It would be beneficial if you have experience with common testing frameworks and any previous work experience in an environment that utilises Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Company is using technologies such as Rails, PostgreSQL, Stimulus, Vue, Sidekiq, ElasticSearch, Stripe, Heroku and AWS so any prior knowledge or experience of any of these would be a bonus.
- Experience integrating with documented third-party APIs to exchange data or kick off workflows.
- Knowledge or prior work experience within the not-for-profit sector, and perhaps be informed about common workflows and the likely CRMs used (such as Salesforce.org or Blackbaud) would be an advantage.
I am looking for someone with skills in one area and are keen to expand into becoming a Full Stack Developer, or perhaps someone with experience in similar frameworks and some experience with RoR who is looking to commit to learning more.
If you are not based in Bath but you are looking to relocate please get in touch too!
****Please send me your CV and I will call you in the strictest confidence to discuss the role and client.