SC Cleared Business Architect - Central Government
Newport - working from home for the foreseeable
As a Senior Business Architect, you will be a key component of the Economic Statistics Architecture, Business Change and Capability Division shaping the 'Business Design' from a people, process and technology perspective. They play a lead role in implementing the Vision & Strategy and are committed to continuous improvement and optimization.
The role of the Business Architect involves defining the business design via a set of models which describe the ESG Target Operating Model. The models support the research, development and production of Statistics within ESG. They work with stakeholders across the business to help define and govern the roadmap towards the new Target Operating Model aligning with the Enterprise Architecture team.
The role has a strong corporate focus, driving through collaboration across the organization to a range of stakeholders. They lead, and develop, multi-disciplined teams leading the work to convert Economic Statistics Strategy into appropriate delivery requirements. The team works with projects and programmes to design configurable business systems and processes and identify the technological capability required to support them.
The role is the conduit between non-technical and technical colleagues and ensures IT development projects are aligned to and meet Economic Statistics strategic goals and requirements.
- Ensure that ESG requirements for technology are accurately represented and prioritised across the wider ONS programmes, particularly regarding the implementation of new technology platforms.
- Work Closely with the Digital Service and Technology head of service design ensuring collaboration and alignment in supporting delivery teams. Be the conduit between technical and non-technical colleagues
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with all stakeholders (within and outside ESG)
- Work collaboratively with other colleagues to resolve and mitigate problems, promoting a culture of assurance and quality
- Responsible for Business Analysis work packages that form part of the Business Architecture
- Lead and direct the development, maintenance, governance, evolution and communication of the ESG Business Architecture, ensuring it is fully aligned with the wider Enterprise Architecture and ensuring it is meaningful and can be practically applied in delivery.
- Lead and direct the development, maintenance, governance, evolution and communication of the ESG systems and technology transition roadmap ensuring this is aligned to ESG target operating model.
- Work with Enterprise Architecture and Business Analysis teams to deliver a holistic view across these disciplines, ensuring consistent processes, standards and working practices are adopted.
- Be at the forefront of collaborating with others across the different specialisms, promoting the new ways of working to gain commitment to the major strategic changes or developments.
- Be responsible for engagement with programmes and projects, promoting the Business Architecture, Business Analysis and Solution Architecture to ensure that plans / solutions are aligned to our Business Systems and Technology Strategy.
- They work closely with the Head of Strategy and Architecture to ensure key statistical requirements are factored into the proposed Business Architecture