- Fareham, Hampshire
- £12 - £14 per hour
- Job Type
- Taijaan deCordova
- Assisting in managing the office of the Deputy Director
- Security cleared (Active SC level minimum), Must have been living in the UK for the last 5 years
- Titchfield/ Currently remote working
- £12 - £14 per hour rate (Inside IR35) - Self-employed contract
We are looking for an experienced Business Support professional. This is an ideal role for someone who is extremely organised and can interact and communicate with people of all levels, someone who has a proactive attitude and self-starter mindset.
The purpose of this role is to provide support to the Deputy Director working alongside the divisional Business Support. To be effective, the post holder needs to work in a timely, and responsive way; to solve problems and address issues emerging from the day to day delivery of the Division
- Good communications skills, verbal and in written form are essential, with the ability to interact with people all levels within the organisation
- Ability to organise and prioritise your work and that of others ensuring, deadlines are met and information can be located quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to work under pressure with changes to priorities, responding promptly to required action.
- Good experience of MS Office applications and the ability to type quickly and accurately.
- Provide confidential support to the Deputy Director.
- Assisting in managing the office of the Deputy Director, ensuring it runs productively, effectively and efficiently.
- Monitor all actions to ensure deadlines are met: completing where appropriate, negotiating where appropriate and/or ensuring time is set aside where required.
- Ensure the Deputy Director's diary is kept up to date and makes the most effective and efficient use of their time. Manage diary changes and conflicts, negotiating and working with others where necessary.
- Manage emails and take the initiative to deal with as many as possible.
- Organise meetings, seminars, away days, conferences, visits and other gatherings as required.
- Organise travel arrangements, both in the UK and abroad, including itinerary planning, flights, rail, car hire, hotel and other accommodation.
- Organise the Deputy Director's visibility events.
- Ensure all the Deputy Director's expenses are dealt with appropriately, and authorise other expenses as agreed with the Director.
- Establish close working relationships with other Divisional PAs within the Directorate, with Business Managers, with key contacts in the Private Office, with supporting and related functions within the office and with external stakeholders.
- In response to ad hoc corporate requests, take forward specific business issues, small projects and activities on behalf of the Deputy Director, eg collation of responses
- Provide ad hoc support to other Deputy Directors to cover absences
ACTIVE SC OR NPPV Level Security clearance preferred.
If this is a role you would be interested in applying for, please apply with an up-to-date CV asap.