(Inside IR35) Intelligence Officer - Law Enforcement
- Initial 6 Month Contract
- £21.74 per hour Umbrella - London
- £19.40 per hour Umbrella - Medway / Warrington
As an experienced Intelligence Officer your role will be to develop intelligence and conduct research in support of our Client's Law enforcement taskforce response to Organised Immigration Crime (OIC).
- Carry out data entry, triage, assess, de-conflict, develop and enhance intelligence at pace, without detriment or loss of integrity to good practice, tasking protocols and legal standards.
- Provide advice on legislation, policy, research and tactical options to assist in the planning and implementation of investigations, operations and prevention initiatives.
- Conduct initial assessments to evaluate the abilities and needs of victims/witnesses, and decide on the use of intermediaries during the investigation / interview process
- Provide tactical and strategic support to the Agency by conducting research, gathering and analysing intelligence and evidence in accordance with legislation and policy.
- Develop target profiles, evidential products and identify prevention opportunities, (as appropriate).
- Conduct statistical analysis to inform management reports.
- Ensure the quality, secure handling and dissemination of intelligence, maintaining confidentiality, sensitivity and a duty of care in line with Agency policy.
- Carry out effective case management, and create, maintain and update departmental records, including operational or project/programme spreadsheets, case files and monthly reports. Conduct cross match searches, and analyse results using forensic data (as appropriate).
- Promote professional standards and provide advice in relation to matters of misconduct that impact on organisational delivery or the Agency's reputation (as appropriate).
- Supervise staff or co-ordinate the work of a small team (as appropriate).
- Build good working relationships with both internal and external partners including police forces.
- Conduct relevant health and safety procedures and report issues or identified risks in accordance with health and safety legislation and Agency policy.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Active or Lapsed (within the last 6 months) SC Clearance
- Basic understanding of the use of Intelligence by Law Enforcement/Government.
- Knowledge of intelligence collection methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation (e.g. CPIA/ECHR) and its impact on the role and Agency enforcement/government activity.
- Experience of researching and gathering information from a wide range of sources.
- An understanding of information management and data integrity issues
- Experience of identifying, assessing and managing risk within a law enforcement environment.
- IPP Accreditation or equivalent.
If this is relevant to you and something you would like to apply for - get in touch with Kate today.